Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Iceland.  Brilliant lobster tails and glorious scallops.  Stopped doing rabbit fillets, apparently,  so tonight's Paella depends on chicken thighs.

Though if she reads this post she'll make you cook it yourself.

Edited by GordonD

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

A P&B favourite, the wife's Auntie is talking about her recent trips to "Costcos" and "Tescos".

Is she putting an upward inflection on them, thus creating "Tescos" and "Costcos?". Lace up your sturdiest footwear and do the necessary. 

I fear the ghost of baby Jesus has taken revenge on me for my seething disdain for all things Christmas. The one thing keeping me sane and calm is my earphones and last night after dinner the right ear bud landed in a bowl of lukewarm cranberry sauce and is now barely audible. 

People who write shit on Facebook like 'please 2016 just stop' when some celeb croaks.

But 2017 will be a year without death, war and misery.

So bugger off EVIL2016 and stop killing people we may have seen on TV and hurry up

BENEVOLENT2017

That's how it works, isn't it?

People who write shit on Facebook like 'please 2016 just stop' when some celeb croaks.

I was about to post exactly the same thing, doing my head in. It's hardly a surprise that a range of old alky/druggy (delete as appropriate) pop stars have kicked the bucket. Why there seems to be the idea it's the fault of a random time period is even dafter.

There's a lassie on my Facebook who got married this year and went on a couple of decent looking holidays and yet who still gave it the "f**k off 2016" chat last night.

Also, things like Trump and Brexit happening, while worrying for some, still aren't enough to write off an entire year as being horrific surely. It's not selfish to appreciate that your family/friends/life are what really matters, despite the self righteous pish eminating from those who purport to care/worry more.