Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

c***s that take their mutts to pick up the kids at school gates.  Leave them in the house or learn to control them properly. I detest the school run.

Wankers with 4x4 vehicles, arseholes that take their coffee cups, the psuedo poshies dressed in their finest attire, the twats who go in their gym gear before their pilates pish, the insincere shite that's discussed by two faced cows you hear gossiping about the lady they have just been talking too.

It's dreadful.

The school run is quite a strange thing as a whole, why do some parents routinely drive their children to school? High school kids are more than capable of using a bus, primary schools are local for the vast majority.

c***s that take their mutts to pick up the kids at school gates.  Leave them in the house or learn to control them properly.
I detest the school run.
Wankers with 4x4 vehicles, arseholes that take their coffee cups, the psuedo poshies dressed in their finest attire, the twats who go in their gym gear before their pilates pish, the insincere shite that's discussed by two faced cows you hear gossiping about the lady they have just been talking too.
It's dreadful.

The council have banned cars going in to the street that my kids' school is on during school run times. Encourages more to walk rather than drive, in theory. In reality, the main road round the village is now just laden with parked cars at school run time.

On a different note, things being attributed to luck. Particularly in sport.

Take the spurs vs juvi game. Tottenham were apparently unlucky that because they 'dominated' the tie. No they scored less goals because they played poorer.

Same concept that someone is unlucky to hit the post, no they have missed. They haven't hit the shot with enough accuracy. To say that's bad luck would mean it's lucky if a shot goes into the top corner.

c***s that take their mutts to pick up the kids at school gates.  Leave them in the house or learn to control them properly.
I detest the school run.
It's dreadful.

But thankfully that court order keeps you away from the school so this doesn't affect you now?

14 hours ago, parsforlife said:

On a different note, things being attributed to luck. Particularly in sport.

Take the spurs vs juvi game. Tottenham were apparently unlucky that because they 'dominated' the tie. No they scored less goals because they played poorer.

Same concept that someone is unlucky to hit the post, no they have missed. They haven't hit the shot with enough accuracy. To say that's bad luck would mean it's lucky if a shot goes into the top corner.

Juve were denied the most stonewall of stonewall penalties 1st half. Still unsure as to why.

The Spurs goal is a miskick that luckily flew in.

The late Kane header off the post was a yard offside minimum and not flagged.

If anyone was lucky it wasn't Juve

Well technically I should be saying the same as I’m finishing today and going down to London tomorrow for the weekend. But I'd never say it was my Friday today.

Come to think of it, if my train to London is on a Friday and today “is my Friday”,  does that mean I should actually be travelling today? :unsure: 

54 minutes ago, 11thHour said:

When you apologise for nearly bumping into someone and they were the reason why and they tut and say "oh its ok".

Aye I know its ok ya fucking dick it was your fault!

So why apologise?

1 hour ago, 11thHour said:

When you apologise for nearly bumping into someone and they were the reason why and they tut and say "oh its ok".

Aye I know its ok ya fucking dick it was your fault!

Why you apologising then? 

Just tried to buy a book that I've been meaning to get for a couple of years. Last time I checked, there were loads of used copies floating about for a couple of quid each. Looks like it went out of print at some point since then, and the going rate for a tatty old paperback now seems to be about £25  <_<

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just tried to buy a book that I've been meaning to get for a couple of years. Last time I checked, there were loads of used copies floating about for a couple of quid each. Looks like it went out of print at some point since then, and the going rate for a tatty old paperback now seems to be about £25  <_<

What's it called? 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What's it called? 

Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw. Looks like it's getting a second edition in May, but that's a bit late for the flight I'd planned to read it on.

Guess I'll be breaking out the old copy of 120 Days of Sodom again  :(