Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw. Looks like it's getting a second edition in May, but that's a bit late for the flight I'd planned to read it on.

Guess I'll be breaking out the old copy of 120 Days of Sodom again  :(

See what you mean, checked my usual haunts. Available on kindle for £4.89 if you're prepared to join the 21st century though.

21 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

People using “are” instead of “our”. Seen this sometime this morning and I’m still miffed.

People using "seen" inappropriately instead of "saw," hear it regularly on a daily basis and I'll be on a killing spree by the end of the year

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

See what you mean, checked my usual haunts. Available on kindle for £4.89 if you're prepared to join the 21st century though.

I think the wife's already got it for her Kindle; the bitch.

Maybe I'll just stay at home with the Kindle, see how she likes wheeling herself around  :angry:

24 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

People using “are” instead of “our”. Seen this sometime this morning and I’m still miffed.

One I'm guilty of is writing "there's instead of there are" when referring to a plural. "There are" just seems overly formal.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think the wife's already got it for her Kindle; the bitch.

Maybe I'll just stay at home with the Kindle, see how she likes wheeling herself around  :angry:

I resisted kindle for ages, but since I started struggling with small text in bad lighting it's a fucking godsend. Get pissed off at Christmas and Birthdays because people keep giving me books.

One that annoys me is that the OH constantly uses the word “this” instead of “just” as in “I’m ok this now”.

I’m sure it’s because he’s from Dundee.

One that annoys me is that the OH constantly uses the word “this” instead of “just” as in “I’m ok this now”.

More your fault for shacking up with a Dundonian, imo. Least he’s okay, even if it is ‘this now’...

8 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

^^^this

42 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

42 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

the OH 

Maybe if you post this on Mumsnet, someone's DD will tell you to boot him in the stones.

Edited by Mark Connolly

I've been paying bills online this morning, which is always a depressing experience. When I got to the car insurance, the web page flashed up in big red letters "Amount due - this includes a past due amount." It freaked me the f**k out because I thought I'd missed paying it last month, which would mean there's a lot less money in the bank account than I was expecting.  However, when I checked into it, I found that I had indeed paid last month and the next payment is due on March 8. Which is today.

Aye, so it's not "past due" then is it, ya fuckers?

I've been paying bills online this morning, which is always a depressing experience. When I got to the car insurance, the web page flashed up in big red letters "Amount due - this includes a past due amount." It freaked me the f**k out because I thought I'd missed paying it last month, which would mean there's a lot less money in the bank account than I was expecting.  However, when I checked into it, I found that I had indeed paid last month and the next payment is due on March 8. Which is today.
Aye, so it's not "past due" then is it, ya fuckers?

Shotgunco expected soon