Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have been a bit upset by some shop closures down the years, and I used and bought from them a lot... Listen Records, Stereo 1, Rainbow Records in Johnstone, Echo Records on Byres Road, Fopp on Byres Road, several HMVs, all the Virgins, Tower Records in Glasgow.... 

Booo! Modern life, etc.

Edited by pozbaird

39 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Well, naturally, that's the very nature of business. But my point is that if you can go into a KFC and order a vegan meal, why doesn't it work the other way? Vegan restaurants could increase their profits by selling meat products so that mixed groups are more likely to eat there.

Does the D in your username stand for 'Da'? 

You've went from its sad that nobody is forcing 'normal' restuarants by law to serve vegan food and they do it off their own back to "why don't vegans do it for more money though?". 

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

You've went from its sad that nobody is forcing 'normal' restuarants by law to serve vegan food

I never said that. I said it's sad that they decided themselves to cater for the nutters, but this isn't reciprocated. KFC wouldn't sell you a beefburger; their thing is chicken. So why now come up with a non-chicken dish? I know, profit.

What we need is for some genius to come up with a way of making artificial vegetables out of meat.

52 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have been a bit upset by some shop closures down the years, and I used and bought from them a lot... Listen Records, Stereo 1, Rainbow Records in Johnstone, Echo Records on Byres Road, Fopp on Byres Road, several HMVs, all the Virgins, Tower Records in Glasgow.... 

Booo! Modern life, etc.

Fopp on Byres Road is still there.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Fopp on Byres Road is still there.

There was a story recently that said, while having been reprieved, it was now closing. Just got a text from my mate, apparently there’s big ‘store closing’ signs up in HMV, Braehead.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Well, naturally, that's the very nature of business. But my point is that if you can go into a KFC and order a vegan meal, why doesn't it work the other way? Vegan restaurants could increase their profits by selling meat products so that mixed groups are more likely to eat there.

Given that about 0.001% of restaurants are vegan, they're probably better off just catering directly to their niche market and offering carnivores a try at tasty alternatives. Most meat eaters will happily eat vegetarian meals if offered, so it's not a big issue anyway. 

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

p***k across the road from me has a fireplace in his house and f**k knows what the c**t burns but it stinks out the entire street including my house when he lights it.

Is he Iranian? Could be American flags.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
Is he Iranian? Could be American flags.

Nah hes one of these fat c***s with beat up cars in his driveway, grinding at all hours and I think him and his wife have about 40 kids running riot.

Based on that, it's broken chipboard and mdf furniture. 

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
10 minutes ago, coprolite said:
Based on that, it's broken chipboard and mdf furniture. 

Surely must be some sort of law regarding that?

I'm fairly certain you are not permitted to burn it with anybody inside but my knowledge of this area of the law is a bit hazy. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Booo! Modern life, etc.

Couldn't have been too many of them...