Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

At this point I just flip the fucking things over and let her scan the barcode how she wants, face like thunder and ignore the rest of her chirpy babbling.

Should've flipped the trolley over and stormed out!

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Started to watch ‘Only An Excuse’ last night, lasted about three minutes.  Unadulterated pish.  Whoever commissions this shite should get sacked.

I always think there's a lot of witty people on here (including yourself Granny) who could hack together a decent script for a comedy programme about Scottish football. Maybe we should start sending in scripts to BBC Scotland.

Mark the envelope "I'm f*cking funnier than the writers you've got, cuntoes" 

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I always think there's a lot of witty people on here (including yourself Granny) who could hack together a decent script for a comedy programme about Scottish football. Maybe we should start sending in scripts to BBC Scotland.

Mark the envelope "I'm f*cking funnier than the writers you've got, cuntoes" 

Yeah but they’d go right in the bin.

This is all about people protecting their friends regardless of how outdated and unfunny the scripts and acting are.

1 hour ago, JamboMikey said:

Hermes are picking up a box from my gaffe today. They're coming between 8am-8pm. Cheers lads. Guaranteed I'll be doing a shite when the boy rocks up.

are they picking up a jobby in a box?

Hermes are the absolute worst of the courier companies.  
Depends totally on your local driver. The pay and conditions are shite so they will take anyone without checking references and if they're any good they'll likely jack it in after a fortnight. Only way to make it pay is to drive without proper insurance and stopping and starting every few yards fucks your car. Haven't had any problems in my area, service has probably improved since I packed it in after a short stint.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
14 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
Hermes are the absolute worst of the courier companies.  

Depends totally on your local driver. The pay and conditions are shite so they will take anyone without checking references and if they're any good they'll likely jack it in after a fortnight. Only way to make it pay is to drive without proper insurance and stopping and starting every few yards fucks your car. Haven't had any problems in my area, service has probably improved since I packed it in after a short stint.

My local driver must be a p***k, then.  Regularly get online updates saying they tried to deliver when I've been in all day.  I also have a cctv camera which shows if anyone has been to the door.  Another favourite is "can't find your address".  Over Christmas another one entered the fold.  We were getting "your parcel has been delivered" updates along with a "proof of delivery" signature that consisted of two straight lines.  My wife spent a couple of hours on the phone to Debenhams as she thought a load of Christmas presents had been delivered to the wrong address or stolen.  Debenhams response was "we've got proof of delivery from Hermes" and wouldn't budge.  The parcel turned up the next day.

I had the same thing and it turned up 3 hours later.  The driver is obviously signing for parcels himself to hit delivery targets or something.

If I see that a company uses them for delivery, I'll go elsewhere for something as they're so bad.

My local driver must be a p***k, then.  Regularly get online updates saying they tried to deliver when I've been in all day.  I also have a cctv camera which shows if anyone has been to the door.  Another favourite is "can't find your address".  Over Christmas another one entered the fold.  We were getting "your parcel has been delivered" updates along with a "proof of delivery" signature that consisted of two straight lines.  My wife spent a couple of hours on the phone to Debenhams as she thought a load of Christmas presents had been delivered to the wrong address or stolen.  Debenhams response was "we've got proof of delivery from Hermes" and wouldn't budge.  The parcel turned up the next day.

I had the same thing and it turned up 3 hours later.  The driver is obviously signing for parcels himself to hit delivery targets or something.

If I see that a company uses them for delivery, I'll go elsewhere for something as they're so bad.

The only time I did that was when I was covering someone else's route as well as my own, and ran out of time, no deliveries after 8 pm is the rule. The system didn't allow you to say you'd deliver the next day on a Sunday, you have the choice of nobody in or delivered, so had to pretend I'd delivered so I could sign off. Normally if you have some problem delivering you have to return the next day for no pay, so I doubt the drivers are doing it deliberately. I totally understand you avoiding them though.

Had a sleepless night with the thought of coming back to work after 2 weeks off ringing through my head but it’s been a surprisingly pleasant day with everyone in a fine mood, might take this to RTBC.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
19 minutes ago, Dele said:
They pay their drivers like 80p a signed delivery, then don't give them a PDA to get the delivery signed for. 
They sound fucking awful. 

Less than that but they do get a pda.

My mate done it for 3 weeks about a month back. He was maybe getting an enhanced rate due to the time of year, or they were just lying and that's why he was never given a PDA. He had to plan his own routes too due to it. 

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

They feed beefburgers to swans.

Might apply.