Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Figured. Still that tendency yielded this wonderful bit of punk revival

Those boys have just released the tremendous 'The Clap' with their debut album out soon. Pretty sure they're playing in Glasgow soon. 

Edit: A quick check says that by "playing Glasgow soon", I obviously mean October. 

Edited by Dee Man

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Aussies love to abbreviate everything by shortening it and firing an 'o' or 'y' on the end - service station = servo, bottle shop = bottlo, fireman = firey - but I've just heard one that is a step too far: volly instead of volunteer.

I hope this full country burns to the ground. 

What a lot of country members. Or in Australian....

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Aussies love to abbreviate everything by shortening it and firing an 'o' or 'y' on the end - service station = servo, bottle shop = bottlo, fireman = firey - but I've just heard one that is a step too far: volly instead of volunteer.

You forgot about the ambos and the ambo they drive..

People e-mailing who have added their pronouns to their e-mail signatures.

Why? Why do I need this information? I have your name from the e-mail so if/when I reply, that’s what I am going to use. I am not going to start talking about you to anyone else and if I did, I’d use your name. The name you just gave me. 

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

People e-mailing who have added their pronouns to their e-mail signatures.

Why? Why do I need this information? I have your name from the e-mail so if/when I reply, that’s what I am going to use. I am not going to start talking about you to anyone else and if I did, I’d use your name. The name you just gave me. 

I think its so promote the idea that pronouns cant be assumed  - a harmless act. I however prefer to think it came about so you could use their correct pronouns when talking behind their backs.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think its so promote the idea that pronouns cant be assumed  - a harmless act. I however prefer to think it came about so you could use their correct pronouns when talking behind their backs.

Sure, I agree about the use of pronouns and not assuming and completely get that.

I am just not sure why it’s relevant in an e-mail which is from people I will never meet or talk about in that context. I should have added that the e-mails were from a national group that send out info about work related stuff. Not anyone I am ever likely to meet!

The vollys won't let it mate

5 minutes ago, Swarley said:
13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The vollys won't let it mate

*volly fireys

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Screenshot-2016-02-26-11.42.08.png

52 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Sure, I agree about the use of pronouns and not assuming and completely get that.

I am just not sure why it’s relevant in an e-mail which is from people I will never meet or talk about in that context. I should have added that the e-mails were from a national group that send out info about work related stuff. Not anyone I am ever likely to meet!

True maybe suggest they have multiple email sigs for internal and external folk.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why is everything so fucking SATISFYING these days? "This is so satisfying to watch 😍". It's a scrap bit of metal being turned by a lathe, f**k off.

This.  I blame the 20 bazillion YouTube vidoes of this kind of shit that bairns watch now.  Things getting sliced and folk running over water melons in cars.