Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, Dele said:

Have you ever tried Dandrazole? 

It's meant for hair but I got it prescribed by my doctor for my hands and face flare ups die to stress and it works wonders. 

I can't remember the name of the hydrocortisone cream I have, I just smack it on when I need to.  I generally don't use it though and just moisturise. 

I've had excema my whole life and have been prescribed just about everything.  I think it's a very individual thing what works - loads of people love E45 and lather it on but it actually puts my teeth on edge.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I've had excema my whole life and have been prescribed just about everything.  I think it's a very individual thing what works - loads of people love E45 and lather it on but it actually puts my teeth on edge.

Yeah, mines only showed up the past couple of years. I've never tried E45 but in this times of sobriety I may give it a go after your description. 

Have recently been getting brown spots on the palms of my hands (no comment required) and between my fingers. Not sore or irritable but eventually blister, dry out and I get flaky/dry skin.

Remembered the other day that I used to get this back in my teens/early 20s (25+ yrs ago). It used to be the Denim or Hai Karate that caused it. Seems the office alcoholic gel that I’ve been slapping on before the lockdown has triggered this again. Feck knows how long till it’ll disappear again.

28 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Have recently been getting brown spots on the palms of my hands (no comment required) and between my fingers. Not sore or irritable but eventually blister, dry out and I get flaky/dry skin.

Remembered the other day that I used to get this back in my teens/early 20s (25+ yrs ago). It used to be the Denim or Hai Karate that caused it. Seems the office alcoholic gel that I’ve been slapping on before the lockdown has triggered this again. Feck knows how long till it’ll disappear again.

I knew a guy a few years back had identical symptoms.  Woke up one morning to find that his hands had fallen off in the night.  He couldn’t even lift them out of the bed because he didn’t have any hands.  

Apparently it only happens in about 45% of cases so you have a decent chance of it not happening to you.

32 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Remembered the other day that I used to get this back in my teens/early 20s (25+ yrs ago). It used to be the Denim or Hai Karate that caused it. 

Dyshidrotic eczema? That's exactly what I've got. Mines don't brown though. (Although I do have vitiligo which is v v prominent in hands in summer). 

The Dandrazole seems to keep moisture in my hands and an occasional antihistamine tablet keeps the itches at bay. 

Dyshidrotic eczema? That's exactly what I've got. Mines don't brown though. (Although I do have vitiligo which is v v prominent in hands in summer). 
The Dandrazole seems to keep moisture in my hands and an occasional antihistamine tablet keeps the itches at bay. 

Been putting some E45 on each day just to moisturise it. There’s never been any itching but I’m prone to picking at it when it dries out and then it gets a bit inflamed.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I can't remember the name of the hydrocortisone cream I have, I just smack it on when I need to.  I generally don't use it though and just moisturise. 

Mine cleared up when I went veggie.

8 hours ago, mathematics said:

Mine cleared up when I went veggie.

That's a bit drastic.  I used to suffer from a little eczema during the winter months, when I stayed in the UK.

Ever since living here and sweating (natural moisturiser) I have never had anything.

Better moving to a hot clamy country than becoming a veggie.  40 degrees here today.

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I keep peeling dead skin off my thumb but it keeps going into live skin and I end up with a nippy bloody mess

Jesus H Christ, it's like a fucking doctor's waiting room in here these days with you lot discussing your ailments! Easily seen none of you can go to the actual doctor because of the lockdown.

Oh, and MixuFixit reported for racism.

Edited by GordonD

55 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Had a complaint made against me at work because i asked a guy to get back into his flat so i could put a 30kg parcel on his door step.

It must be difficult to keep your cool.  If I gave you a wee clap next Thursday would that help?

Please say no.

Had a complaint made against me at work because i asked a guy to get back into his flat so i could put a 30kg parcel on his door step.
I gather the response to the complaint being ' the daft c**t didn't stay 2 meters away and being quarantined wasn't high on your to do list' would see that chucked out the window.
Be fucking magic if you could blacklist the address and return all packages to sender saying not collected

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

I only complain about people who don't do what you did and retreat. Hope your boss told him where to go.

On 16/04/2020 at 21:30, DiegoDiego said:

They've finally delivered it. To an address in Piacenza hundreds of miles from me, not even in the same region. No signature. c***s.

So they may well have been right when they said there was no one in at that address a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Wait a minute ....this flat you’re on about ..... it’s not in Piacenza , is it ?  

The poor guy trying to explain that he never ordered 30 kilos of Highlander crisps