Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Mayonnaise is acceptable on sandwiches when ye don't want dry bread but ye've ran out of butter. Anything more than that then yer just covering up the taste of the sandwich itself.

Salad cream is far superior

Salad cream is the Devil's ejaculate. Nope..........

I have to defend hypnotism here. I have done hypnosis to help me with certain stuff and the result was fucking incredible. I don’t know if it works for everyone but it certainly has for me.
You have to be susceptible to it apparently.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I have to defend hypnotism here. I have done hypnosis to help me with certain stuff and the result was fucking incredible. I don’t know if it works for everyone but it certainly has for me.

Save you a fortune did it?

"Look in to my eyes look into my eyes, not around the eyes, not around the eyes. You will order the tap water and a salad

One, two, three and you're back in the room"

24 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Salad cream is the Devil's ejaculate. Nope..........

I'm starting to think Pie and Bovril has run its course. Maybe time for Div to recognise that it was an interesting experiment that has ultimately failed.

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

You need to update your profile then. It still shows you as a Jambo.

On the mayo/tomato sauce theme , the amount of it that remains steadfastly and stubbornly in the container when it’s nearly finished , gets on my nerves. Especially when, in attempting to get the dregs out , the cap is taken off altogether and a vigorous shake results in a great big splodge coming out,  missing the target and ending up on the floor or down the cupboard door or such 

Also annoying when using a new bottle of sauce .....squeezing it ,but f@ck all coming out because I’ve forgotten to remove the inner seal at the top.

And even with some pre-seal-removal shaking  , the first stuff that comes out of a tomato sauce bottle is always watery and potentially ruins an otherwise expertly and lovingly made sandwich or meal.

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

On the mayo/tomato sauce theme , the amount of it that remains steadfastly and stubbornly in the container when it’s nearly finished , gets on my nerves. Especially when, in attempting to get the dregs out , the cap is taken off altogether and a vigorous shake results in a great big splodge coming out,  missing the target and ending up on the floor or down the cupboard door or such 

Also annoying when using a new bottle of sauce .....squeezing it ,but f@ck all coming out because I’ve forgotten to remove the inner seal at the top.

And even with some pre-seal-removal shaking  , the first stuff that comes out of a tomato sauce bottle is always watery and potentially ruins an otherwise expertly and lovingly made sandwich or meal.

One of several things which put me firmly in the "Things were better in the olden days" camp. I wish we could go back to when you could start a new bottle of sauce and still have the stuff on your dinner before it got cold. Life's hard enough without having to struggle to use condiments. 

1 hour ago, A96 said:

If you know these will happen, why not mitigate against them?

For example, fire the stuff from a glass bottle in to a bowl then just spoon what you need. With the squeezy bottle, pour out the watery stuff.

Also, tomato sauce is pretty shit.

If you know these will happen, why not mitigate against them?

For example, fire the stuff from a glass bottle in to a bowl then just spoon what you need. With the squeezy bottle, pour out the watery stuff.

Also, tomato sauce is pretty shit.

Tomato sauce is great when you're young, and as your palate develops, you grow out of it.

The brown sauces and mustards of the world become much more appealing.

13 hours ago, A96 said:

The most infuriating sauce/bottle combo is squeezy bottles of encona chilli. The chilli flakes and the pressure valve at the top combine to create a blockage that needs a good hard squeeze to shift. When it goes, it all goes and you end up with a couple of tablespoons of coating your whole dinner. 

16 hours ago, A96 said:

That's caught me out on occasion.

19 hours ago, A96 said:

Pre tomato sauce.