Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Chinese is for sharing. People that think their choice is their "own" meal generally have few social skills and poor personal hygeine. Always the same ones who come out with "mine was £5.95 and i put in £6"
Is it balls! Pizza is for sharing, Chinese is not; other than the rice. I order what I want from the Chinese because that's what I like and what I want to eat. The one's who lack social skills are the people who think it's acceptable to wire into other people's food. If they wanted what I'm eating they should have ordered it for themselves!

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
28 minutes ago, coprolite said:
Chinese is for sharing. People that think their choice is their "own" meal generally have few social skills and poor personal hygeine. Always the same ones who come out with "mine was £5.95 and i put in £6"

Is it balls! Pizza is for sharing, Chinese is not; other than the rice. I order what I want from the Chinese because that's what I like and what I want to eat. The one's who lack social skills are the people who think it's acceptable to wire into other people's food. If they wanted what I'm eating they should have ordered it for themselves!

Pizza is for sharing (assuming enough ordered to allow a wee portion of something you didn't order but quite fancy.) An extra Margerita or Garlic Bread can make up for perceived shortages.

. Chippy - eat yer own (other than the minks down here getting a bag of "scraps" to share).

Indian - share rice, pickles, poppadoms and (at a pinch) naanbread. Main dishes can be offered for a taste, but not treated like a communal resource.

Chinese? Treat it like my mate from HK does. Laugh like fúck at the idea this is in any way "a taste of home". Recover composure. Launch into  nearest bin.

19 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Chinese? Treat it like my mate from HK does. Laugh like fúck at the idea this is in any way "a taste of home". Recover composure. Launch into  nearest bin.

Unless it's a Chicken Maryland.

20 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Also: methinks.

Though that is more the preserve of Facebook arsepieces and full-time mummies (99.9% of the time the same thing) rather than P&B.

30 minutes ago. Why did you have to point it out?! 

I thought it was common knowledge the food we get from Chinese restaurants is a Westernised menu? I think "Chinese Restaurant for the Western palate" is probably a bit much to put on their signs though. Regardless of whether or not it's authentic Chinese cuisine, it's delicious, which is all that matters.

If you're in Asia and eating in a group; having someone who knows what they're doing (ie, a local) order an array of dishes for everyone to share, is one of life's greatest experiences. Once you get down to smaller groups, that's less practical and given the western style of dining - one dish per person, it makes more sense for everyone just to order what they want and eat it themselves.

Mrs Shotgun's stepmother is Taiwanese and her family usually ate Asian style - multiple bowls on the table and everyone wiring in. So when we first got together, we invariably argued when we ate Chinese because she expected me to order something that she'd enjoy too. Very much a culture shock.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I assume you also make sure you get your 5p change? 

56 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Pizza is for sharing (assuming enough ordered to allow a wee portion of something you didn't order but quite fancy.) An extra Margerita or Garlic Bread can make up for perceived shortages.

. Chippy - eat yer own (other than the minks down here getting a bag of "scraps" to share).

Indian - share rice, pickles, poppadoms and (at a pinch) naanbread. Main dishes can be offered for a taste, but not treated like a communal resource.

Ignoring the hipster snobbery for a second, Indian food should also be shared. 

I'd be embarrassed for you lads going for a meal in a group.  

You're that James Corden aren't you?

Edited by Arch Stanton

You’re maybe missing the point with throbber though. If you are a fussy man-child then fair enough but why sit on your arse, let someone else serve up your dinner then complain that there is sauce touching something else on your plate. He could have gone to the kitchen, explained that he is still a toddler and needs a woman to serve his meal in a certain way otherwise he’ll throw a wobbler. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

You’re maybe missing the point with throbber though. If you are a fussy man-child then fair enough but why sit on your arse, let someone else serve up your dinner then complain that there is sauce touching something else on your plate. He could have gone to the kitchen, explained that he is still a toddler and needs a woman to serve his meal in a certain way otherwise he’ll throw a wobbler. 

I didn’t let them serve up my dinner though, if I thought that’s what they were doing I would have been there in a heartbeat to put a stop to it. 

Throbber is right here btw. A chinese generally contains too much to go on one plate, and for example, Mrs B will put her rice on then whatever else on top. I have them side by side. It's common for folk to have preferences on that basis and so folk should do their own or at least ask how folk want it done.

Also, both eating you own meal, or sharing a few different items in a larger group are perfectly acceptable ways to do it.

5 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Throbber's dinner tonight. Expecting another meltdown because the bean juice is soggying his dinosaurs.

Mrs Throbber will probably put a bib on him then change his nappy afterwards. Fucking bairn.Bv9_MErIYAAcyUS.jpeg

Those smiley faces are great with lots of salt and vinegar. 

The wee potato fritters from farmfoods are also great.

50 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Does Throbbette cut up your food for you@Throbber?

No, the fact that I took offence to the food being plated up shows that I like making my own food the way I want it and don’t want to rely on anyone else to do it for me.

Throbber is right here btw. A chinese generally contains too much to go on one plate, and for example, Mrs B will put her rice on then whatever else on top. I have them side by side. It's common for folk to have preferences on that basis and so folk should do their own or at least ask how folk want it done.

Also, both eating you own meal, or sharing a few different items in a larger group are perfectly acceptable ways to do it.
Yeah pretty much this.

The social skills are about communicating what the f**k the plan is before the order is placed.

I love sharing, and trying other dishes, but i wouldn't presume to do it - so you make sure everyone kens the score, and extra portions are ordered accordingly.

I have to say,@throbber if your gf doesn't take your side here then that's a worrying sign for the future. In order for a relapsing to be successful, you've got to be on the same level for most of the mundane shit that life throws at you.

In saying that, you're getting a wee bit melodramatic so maybe she's right...

Ignoring the hipster snobbery for a second, Indian food should also be shared. 
I'd be embarrassed for you lads going for a meal in a group.  
I would be embarrassed for someone leaning over and trying to grab my food. Order what you want to eat and eat it. Why on earth would you order something and then assume you'll be helping yourself to other people's food?
You're that James Corden aren't you?
On this issue, absolutely!
I'm not commenting on the Throbber situation tbf. I take issue with the "Chinese food is for sharing".