Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Watched Schemers at the DCA. A solid 7 out of 10, but cannot for the life of me understand why professional Scottish actors cannot do a Dundee accent
Because with less than 3% of the Scottish population Dundee's accent is largely irrelevant at a national level. How's your Moray accent?

Watched Schemers at the DCA. A solid 7 out of 10, but cannot for the life of me understand why professional Scottish actors cannot do a Dundee accent
Because with less than 3% of the Scottish population Dundee's accent is largely irrelevant at a national level. How's your Moray accent?

Just now, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Fine thanks.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm not an actor

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Eh Ken min. 

^^^ Professional Scottish actor. 

Was walking across the car park at my local Co-op this morning and some hoor in an Audi A1 comes screeching into the car park and fired towards where I'm walking -through a parent and child space that's in front of the door.

She's going that so fast she has to actually stop and let me finish walking through it.  We end up leaving the shop at the same time and I take a look in her car and there's nobody in it, not even a child seat.  

I may have mentioned it on here before but do some people with kids think parent and child spaces are for just if you have kids in general, not kids in the car?  Like it's some special fucking prize for being fertile, 'Here, have a space closer to the fucking door since you've had 5 kids with 7 different men'.

17 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Hoping to get to see it over Weekend. DCA bar and that open? 

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Whoever it was on here (I think Rugster) who mentioned people who start sentences with "So"

I have been unable to stop hearing it since, and every time I do I want to claw my face off.

So why don't you? 

13 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Dundee doesn't have a single accent. East Dundee is all "meh" "peh" "surkuls" whereas the rest of Dundee is pretty bland East Coast. 

Lehs. 

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Dundee doesn't have a single accent. East Dundee is all "meh" "peh" "surkuls" whereas the rest of Dundee is pretty bland East Coast. 

It's not even big enough to have geographic differences like you suggest - fowk move around the city anyway so even it there was a difference, which there isn't, it would be highly diluted. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I may have mentioned it on here before but do some people with kids think parent and child spaces are for just if you have kids in general, not kids in the car?  Like it's some special fucking prize for being fertile, 'Here, have a space closer to the fucking door since you've had 5 kids with 7 different men'.

Well, I suppose that would make you walk funny.

I got told off by the wife on Saturday whilst out walking the dogs for getting irrationally angry whilst waiting to cross the road.

On our normal dog walk theres a quiet residential road we cross which never has any traffic on it. However on Saturday we had to wait for not one but two cars to pass before we could cross.

This got on my nerves enough for me to let out some expletives.  It didnt help the cars in question were going well under the speed limit  so it felt like forever waiting for them to pass, with also a space between them which wasn't big enough that we could get across but also felt like too big a gap...

Not very exciting story but it did get on my nerves...

Was walking across the car park at my local Co-op this morning and some hoor in an Audi A1 comes screeching into the car park and fired towards where I'm walking -through a parent and child space that's in front of the door.
She's going that so fast she has to actually stop and let me finish walking through it.  We end up leaving the shop at the same time and I take a look in her car and there's nobody in it, not even a child seat.  

I think once my kids are grown up/able to open the door and get in a car being aware of other cars beside us, I'll park anywhere. The only reason I use parent and child/get pissed off with folk without kids using them is because there is more space for us to open the doors fully and get the pram out etc.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

A wee stone in the tyre valve cap lets tyres down so I've heard. 

On 06/10/2020 at 09:04, DA Baracus said:

This post is about apostrophes, so will be lost on the majority of users given how many of you use them incorrectly.

Anyway, my work has a 'Do's and don'ts' to protect against COVID. Although 'don'ts' is correct, it somehow looks wrong and weird, especially when in large writing and in capitals.

And so it came to pass...

On 07/10/2020 at 10:24, invergowrie arab said:

Is do's correct? If it is a plural of do then surely just add an s. Dos and don'ts 

16 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Theres a different accent from the bottom of the Hilltown to the top of the Hilltown.

Both are however indecipherable IMO.