Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm with you HD, Fahrenheit for hot, Celsius for cold.  

My dad does this. I get that it's to emphasise how warm it is, but as I've no experience of using the Fahrenheit scale, I've no idea how warm it is meaning it's completely lost on me.

34 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

My dad does this. I get that it's to emphasise how warm it is, but as I've no experience of using the Fahrenheit scale, I've no idea how warm it is meaning it's completely lost on me.

Rough guide, subtract 30 and then half it. So 70F is approx 20C. 

On 24/07/2021 at 08:25, DiegoDiego said:

Most people who leave reviews.

If the staff are so good, why have you scored them 7.5/10? If your stay was perfect why have you given the place 7/10?

There's still (some) value in reviews (of some categories of things), but taken individually they're dire.

I still look out for google reviews left by a former colleague. He mainly reviews fast food chains, car parks and cash machines. You'd be surprised how many cash machines are poorly positioned and badly affected by glare. 

59 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The use of the word "delicious" to describe anything other than food makes my skin crawl. Definitely in fashion on this fine forum, usually used as a dig at something/someone and it's horrible to read. 

This seething post.

58D95B51-36DD-44F5-BEFC-88FE861B636C.gif

On 24/07/2021 at 09:23, Shandon Par said:

Trip advisor is the worst review thing IMO. 

You could type in “best restaurant London” and it will bring up some b&b with sticky carpets and undercooked fry-ups but is great value at just £11 per night. 

As a qualified historian, reviews grate a bit. 

I think it was Vice who completely made up a restaurant in London and got it to the top of review sites. Made it out like an exclusive place that was hard to get a seat for, whenever anyone phoned they would say it was full, they never cooked a meal but the reviews kept flowing in from people saying how cool and unique an experience it was. People lying about having a meal in a restaurant online to try and seem cool. I hate people.