Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When you go to a cafe order food and a coffee/tea and ask them to bring both at the same time .Then they bring your drink 10 minutes before your food or your food 10 minutes before your drink . How fucking difficult can it be to coordinate the serving of a food & drink combo ?

Why does @  not have its own key on a keyboard? It's not even the first use of the key, you have to shift + or you get an apostrophe. In this day and age surely it should have its own big separate button, off to the side or something. Maybe a similar thing for # but I don't use twitter so don't really care. 

And another quick one then I'll leave. This may be something I'm doing wrong but why when I go to log into my computer is the number lock not automatically on? It demands an alphanumeric password for fucks sake! 

Both points are petty as f**k but they do irk me somewhat. 

Edited by Nae Union

6 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

When you go to a cafe order food and a coffee/tea and ask them to bring both at the same time .Then they bring your drink 10 minutes before your food or your food 10 minutes before your drink . How fucking difficult can it be to coordinate the serving of a food & drink combo ?

Just be happy if they bring out what you actually ordered ! 

11 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

They're hoping that by the time the food comes you'll have finished your coffee and want another one.

13 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I don't mind when that happens. By the time your food arrives your drink will have cooled down enough for you to be able to drink it.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
I don't mind when that happens. By the time your food arrives your drink will have cooled down enough for you to be able to drink it.

Nothing worse that a scalding hot Irn Bru to be fair.

Definitely outing myself for a thread that used to exist on here, but hot irn bru is absolute dynamite when you have a heavy cold

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nothing worse that a scalding hot Irn Bru to be fair.

Probably not, but the original post was about tea or coffee

14 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

It's not. It's just that the staff realise that drinking tea or coffee with anything more than a biscuit is wrong.

Adverts on YouTube. Just generally. I see your plan, Google, but I refuse to subscribe.

Specifically, YouTube's currently plaguing me with an advert for cheap, nasty-looking women's knickers. Even more specifically, the lassie doing the voiceover pronounces the word "sizes" as "sigh-zaz", and it rips my knitting to a worrying degree.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Adverts on YouTube. Just generally. I see your plan, Google, but I refuse to subscribe.

Specifically, YouTube's currently plaguing me with an advert for cheap, nasty-looking women's knickers. Even more specifically, the lassie doing the voiceover pronounces the word "sizes" as "sigh-zaz", and it rips my knitting to a worrying degree.

Maybe turn personalised ads off...

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I got an advert on youtube the other day for a Chinese company selling production lines for making chips and crisps. It was so surreal I actually sat and watched the full two minutes.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Cheap, nasty looking women eh? Well you do come from Alloa.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/campaigners-want-m8-scrapped-and-replaced-with-urban-boulevard

Shite like this. That stretch of the M8 is an absolute disaster most of the day as it's that busy, yet it's still used as people, quite simply, need to get from A to B. Diverting all of that traffic onto the M74 would just move the problem, and make it worse.

That part of Glasgow is also an absolute dump atm. Rather than building new public space people don't need, want, or will use, how about leaving the M8 as is and investing in the absolute shitehole public areas that are already there.

While they are at it, chuck a 3rd lane the entire way between Glasgow and Edinburgh