Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, TxRover said:

You should see our local news, bursting with pride that we have a cricket stadium and a team playing in Major League Cricket (Texas Super Kings).

I’d imagine that’s not the worst thing about Texas.

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You should see our local news, bursting with pride that we have a cricket stadium and a team playing in Major League Cricket (Texas Super Kings).

I guess the saying is true as the rest of America stick to king size.

3 hours ago, superwell87 said:

I guess the saying is true as the rest of America stick to king size.

I’m assuming it’s a thing in the Indian community. The vast majority of the players seem to be of East Asian descent. Of course there’s also:

Washington Freedom

Seattle Orcas

San Fransisco Unicorns

MI New York

LA Knight Riders

So the Texas Super Kings are a pretty meh name…

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

Sounds like a packet of cigarettes 

On 14/07/2023 at 23:11, TxRover said:

I’m assuming it’s a thing in the Indian community. The vast majority of the players seem to be of East Asian descent. Of course there’s also:

Washington Freedom

Seattle Orcas

San Fransisco Unicorns

MI New York

LA Knight Riders

So the Texas Super Kings are a pretty meh name…

The LA Knight Riders, what colour is their KITT?

22 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Lothian Transport journey planner and tickets being on two separate apps.

I didnt know they did a ticket app any more, and no sure why anyone would use it - all the buses have contactless and the system caps it at the day ticket price regardless of journeys.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I didnt know they did a ticket app any more, and no sure why anyone would use it - all the buses have contactless and the system caps it at the day ticket price regardless of journeys.

The ticket app is a pain in the arse. I don't use it myself but see people who do, and half the time it doesn't seem to work and everybody is held up while they fiddle about with their phones trying to sort it.

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I confuse Tarantino and Scorcese a lot. I was watching clips where guys were talking about Scorcese and he'd come up on screen and I realise I've done it again. 

A handy way to tell the difference is that Scorcese films are good and Tarantino films aren't.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A handy way to tell the difference is that Scorcese films are good and Tarantino films aren't.

I really should have known better. It was Jamie Foxx, Will Smith, Jonathan Hill and Di Caprio who were doing the talking.

Edited by Derry Alli

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I was on a mixture of bus and trams. Didn't know it would automatically do that.

As it turns out nobody was in slightest bit interested in my ticket.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Having to go back and edit spelling mistakes on posts. Not sure if it's the Samsung keyboards or fat fingers but it's a pain.

My last Samsung was fine for spelling, my new one is a brutal and I have to proof read everything I send.