Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 13/08/2023 at 19:58, Derry Alli said:

Somewhat related to this. I was going upto Rothes last week and drove through Oldmeldrum High Street with this blaring :

An old woman come out the shop and started giving it the head nod and gangster signs and we shared a good laugh.

Seeing Ice-T there, I got the mental image of your boss saying "for your next mission, you two sons of bìtches are going to Rothes!"

(doesn't quite work if you haven't seen 21 Jump St)

The amount of people who are suddenly massive fans of the Lionesses and women’s football, as soon as they look like winning something.

You know none of them have been near a woman’s football match in their lives. 

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

The amount of people who are suddenly massive fans of the Lionesses and women’s football, as soon as they look like winning something.

Normal for gloryhunters. There'll be some amount of folk that have never been to any football match that gloat about a team winning. 

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

giphy (12).gif

🤣 Actually I remember talking about that with my brother. The nickname of the Lionesses seems really patronising, it’s not that routine to call the England men’s team the Three Lions is it? 

52 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Screenshot_20230816-180847_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8e7a771246fa19d7321104fe7112b665.jpg

Exactly.

What actually sparked my original post was a guy in one of my Zoom meetings today, who said “You’ll have to forgive me I have the football on in the corner” but with an smug grin and an air of ‘check me out, watching the women’s World Cup’ about him.

I don’t know why he thinks it’s ok in a fairly important meeting to admit to watching the football (You at least pretend you are fully concentrating on the meeting) but it was just mad as I’ve heard him say before he wasn’t into football.

6 hours ago, Jambomo said:

You know none of them have been near a woman in their lives. 

FTFY

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It would be churlish not to congratulate the team whose players play in one of the richest and most well resourced women's leagues in the world and with one of the best women's coaches in the world for getting to the World Cup Final but I am so I won't 

8 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Ah, but consider the advantages of the Ladies winning it…more pressure on the Men, who have repeatedly shown that pressure > them. Sometimes from something bad, something good may come, eh?