Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Nah f**k all, gone cold turkey. I've recently started jogging which I'm hoping gives me the same motivation as your cycling. 

I used the nicotenell throat spray ,in the instant it tastes awful , replaced soon after with the nicotine hit feel

On 28/01/2024 at 09:03, Leith Green said:

Is there a reason that keeps coming back?

I dont know enough about it but Is it a bacterial infection or something that hasnt been properly cleared up the last time?

I had a bad chest infection 1st week in December and took a week off,I should have took longer off but as it was our busiest time of the year at work I went back.

With the freezing temperatures and with me working outside it didn't help.

On 28/01/2024 at 03:26, The Moonster said:

Currently trying to stop smoking and having absolutely horrendous nightmares. I'm actually feart to go back to sleep. How do c***s do this?

Have you stopped smoking weed at the same time? I never had nightmares off nicotine withdrawal but stopping weed was like taking mushies for bedtime. Mind you nicotine withdrawal was fatherhood induced so i was barely sleeping. 

The way that anybody mildly successful in life in monetary terms always claims "when I was a kid I had a stall selling orange juice/lemonade on my parents driveway".

Fůck off yi gimps.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Have you stopped smoking weed at the same time? I never had nightmares off nicotine withdrawal but stopping weed was like taking mushies for bedtime. Mind you nicotine withdrawal was fatherhood induced so i was barely sleeping. 

Aye, everything at once. Possibly daft but I feel im just kidding myself on if I keep part of it up. 

Managers, players and fans deliberately looking away when their team is taking a penalty kick.

Like somehow them watching it affects the outcome?

There are lots of things in life that people can control, the success of a penalty being taken through the power of their sight definitely isn't one of them.

Totally irrational behaviour.

I'm on this thread too often at the moment. Therapy required.

On 28/01/2024 at 18:13, BukyOHare said:

Referee's feeling the need to halt the taking of a corner kick while they take a player from each team aside for a chat. Usually about holding or shirt pulling. Why do they do it?

Have a chat pre match in both dressing rooms and then just give a free kick or a penalty and keep the game flowing without having the "I'm watching you" chat.

Really annoys me.

Presumably they've been told to, considering how often it happens.

I don't think many of us would make it as referees; we'd send them all off in the first half and get battered.

8 hours ago, The Golden God said:

This monstrosity 

45DC0755-31D1-47E7-BE54-F3A862B9CBB9.thumb.jpeg.c1a8fc72fd979c5eddc94c2d315595a6.jpeg

That gets worse the more you look at it.

The Six Nations logo looks like a solitary dangling testicle.

12 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Managers, players and fans deliberately looking away when their team is taking a penalty kick.

Like somehow them watching it affects the outcome?

There are lots of things in life that people can control, the success of a penalty being taken through the power of their sight definitely isn't one of them.

Totally irrational behaviour.

I'm on this thread too often at the moment. Therapy required.

Whilst understanding  what you're saying,

I was at Them v Us Euro 96 at Wembley, and that miss. I have on occasions looked away, and I have a fucking fear of fans celebrating a penalty being awarded, the thing still has to be bloody scored. But if for the for camera posturing oft seen by subs and managers I agree. 

I sometimes have a fear of watching penalties from that moment in 1996 ( and even though Uri Geller had nothing to do with it, his claims he does must surely let me off with a warning in a court of law if I administered a P&B kick in the pie to the bam). Penalties are a nightmare.

Edited by MEADOWXI

55 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Whilst understanding  what you're saying,

I was at Them v Us Euro 96 at Wembley, and that miss. I have on occasions looked away, and I have a fucking fear of fans celebrating a penalty being awarded, the thing still has to be bloody scored. But if the for the for camera posturing oft seen by subs and managers I agree. 

I sometimes have a fear of watching penalties from that moment in 1996 ( and even they Uri Geller had nothing to do with it his claims he does must surely let me off with a warning in a court of law if I administered a P&B kick in the pie to the bam). Penalties are a nightmare.

Mental to think, if McAllister scores that, Geller blends back into the background and we forget who he is by 1997. He has absolutely dined off that, and McAllister even said as much at the Raith hall of fame a few months back. 

The English Morocco is an anglicisation of the Spanish name for the country, Marruecos, derived from the name of the city of Marrakesh.

... so which clown decided to spell Morocco with a single R when Marrakesh/Marruecos has two?  Grrrrrr.

Edited by Hedgecutter

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

Presumably they've been told to, considering how often it happens.

I don't think many of us would make it as referees; we'd send them all off in the first half and get battered.

That gets worse the more you look at it.

The Six Nations logo looks like a solitary dangling testicle.

Which one ? The left or the right ?

Appropriate, I suppose. I've heard some awful things go on in the scrums.

1 hour ago, Tartan Dave said:

How have we got to a stage as a society where u cant just phone a company and ask them questions? You have to go through 10 menus and then they just hang up before you even get to someone

It's almost as if profit driven companies don't want to a) answer questions from mug punters and b) have to spend money on staff to answer questions from mug punters.