Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A tweet I saw once wondered how we managed to have only one generation who can use the internet properly. Sounds about right.

Yeah there's certainly more to it, I think I'm part of that golden generation but recently another PTTGOMN that's making me feel old is interfaces that don't say what any of the buttons are, you just have to guess which one does what. I used to get annoyed at my maw and dad asking what is the pause button when getting a new remote after me telling them a million times its a universal system so this is probably just that but for my generation. 

7 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

The usual of walking down Union St in Aberdeen of people so engrossed in their phone you have to dodge them.

This morning had variety at 07.45 as someone was walking towards me reading a book, She was young and seemed very serious and it was a large hardback  book, could be a student on last minute cramming for exam, someone has found a guide to life they must finish before getting to work, but as they got closer I could make out the jacket of the book, a face with the persons name at the top.

I had to dodge out the way of someone reading the Matthew Perry autobiography as if their life depended on it and they were reading life changing stuff, hope she intently walked into traffic and had her life changed.

Could they BE anymore inconsiderate?

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Clepington Road was shut just along from me last night. Forensics were combing it.  Just found a video of a scrap and some ned being stabbed on Facebook. Lovely.

l

I saw a video of police cars all over a street with the caption “Police went to the suspect’s house but he wasn’t it”. 

Brilliant, thanks for that amazing video. 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I remember combs.

Just.

Beware the glabrous ctenophile 

Spoiler

There was a competition in the Herald years ago for poems using obscure words and the winner was a poem called "Beware the glabrous ctenophile". The two words stuck in my head. 

Glabrous: smooth, like Melanius' heid

Ctenophile: a lover of combs. 

The bam swedge on Cleppington Road has made the "Edinburgh Live" page for some reason.

This is in itself a personal PTTGOYN. As much as I appreciate a local news source keeping me up to date with events in the city of my formative youth, I fail to see what the f**k this has to do with Edinburgh?

24 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The bam swedge on Cleppington Road has made the "Edinburgh Live" page for some reason.

This is in itself a personal PTTGOYN. As much as I appreciate a local news source keeping me up to date with events in the city of my formative youth, I fail to see what the f**k this has to do with Edinburgh?

If the story was Reach Media they’ll probably just shove it across all their outlets for the sake of filling up inches/bandwidth. There’s quite often stories about some bam getting 18 months for common assault in Liverpool in the Daily Ranger so I presume they own the Echo these days.