Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Our Head Office was in Swindon and I did my best to avoid it as much as possible. When I did get dragged in I discovered the LinkedIn pictures of the office lassies were absolutely nothing like the reality.  (shudder) 

The Swindon lot are like that.

Ram your boring weather chat.

It's been glorious anyway, warm but not roasting with a pleasing breeze and refreshing drizzle when it rains, as well as being light for ages. Genuinely the best summer weather.

Anyway, Lidl baskets, the big plastic ones with wheels. They're always fucking filthy and I have to sort through a load before finding the least dirty one. Rank.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Incorrectly using "just about" when actually you mean "only just".

The commentator in the Germany vs Spain game on ITV committed this crime after Germany equalised.

Add to that, using momentarily to mean in a short time rather than for a short time. I heard a commentator the other day saying the players would be there momentarily. Stop with this American crap.

Scent boosters. For as long as I can remember you use soap (powder/liquid) and fabric conditioner in your washing machine. Now we're being told we also need to add scent booster to make the washing smell fresh. I want to clean my clothes, not add chemicals to them.

On 05/07/2024 at 18:19, DA Baracus said:

Lidl baskets, the big plastic ones with wheels. They're always fucking filthy and I have to sort through a load before finding the least dirty one. Rank.

I take a big heavy duty bag in with me and just fill it up as I go around, no doubt making some folk think I'm shoplifting in the most brazen of manners.

They'll get their money, and no, I don't eat/drink any of it as I go.

It's been glorious anyway, warm but not roasting with a pleasing breeze and refreshing drizzle when it rains, as well as being light for ages. Genuinely the best summer weather.

Sometimes I think you say these things just to get a reaction. Well, I'll give ye it! This weather has been absolutely pish for anyone that enjoys being outside for any length of time. It is not in any way, shape or form good summer weather nevermind the "best" summer weather, and perhaps you should move yourself to the jungle if this is what you're into. 

Anyway, Lidl baskets, the big plastic ones with wheels. They're always fucking filthy and I have to sort through a load before finding the least dirty one. Rank.

The handles are also too short - manufactured for people who are either under 5 feet tall or have extraordinarily long arms.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sometimes I think you say these things just to get a reaction. Well, I'll give ye it! This weather has been absolutely pish for anyone that enjoys being outside for any length of time. It is not in any way, shape or form good summer weather nevermind the "best" summer weather, and perhaps you should move yourself to the jungle if this is what you're into. 

Haha, what's stopping folk from going outside?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Haha, what's stopping folk from going outside?

I never said it stopped me going outside, just that this sort of weather is pish for it. It's no fun heading out in shorts and t shirt only to take refuge under a tree every couple of hours when a torrential shower comes on. Or going for a round of golf and ending up drowned. There's nothing refreshing about being rained on. 

8 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Scent boosters. For as long as I can remember you use soap (powder/liquid) and fabric conditioner in your washing machine. Now we're being told we also need to add scent booster to make the washing smell fresh. I want to clean my clothes, not add chemicals to them.

The way the advertisers try to manufacture a demand by coming up with ridiculous invented phrases like that is a PTTGOYN for me. See also the attempt to make 'Boomerang smell' an actual thing, ffs.

9 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Every time a new soap powder advert comes out claiming to be a certain amount better than before, leaving your clothes cleaner and smelling better than previous powders. Us kids in the 80's must've been washing our clothes in nothing better than dog shit.

The local tip moving to an online booking system.  Apparently it was too popular and lots of people were using it. Now it's very quiet and the "workers" sit around scratching their arses or topping up their suntans. Hurrah for the cooncil for whom the priority is to create the best possible conditions for their staff, doing as little work as possible and shafting council tax payers.

Meanwhile there's piles of dumped crap in every quiet corner of the town and in the country roads nearby.