Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Maybe you should have put your toes in it instead of your tongue then :P

I was seriously considering it. Remembered back to a cup game at Cowdenbeath in the snow when I spilt a boiling hot drink all over myself and it didn't feel too hot at all, warmed me up quite nicely actually. Despite the hot tea and gloves, my hands were still a shade of blue by the end of that game. :lol:

After 2 years, my girlfriend finished with me.

Apologies for the long windedness, but I've had a few drinks and it feels good to vent.

Onwards and upwards, as they say.

I've edited as I've realised (late I know) that it's possibly not the right place for such detail, but thank you everyone for the advice.

Edited by McMuffin

Guest The Phoenix

Been there, done that, McMuffin (loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng time ago :lol: )

You did the right thing buddy - don't beat yourself up about it.

Have a few more drinks, sleep on it and look upon tomorrow as the first day of a new life. :D

Been there, done that, McMuffin (loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng time ago :lol: )

You did the right thing buddy - don't beat yourself up about it.

Have a few more drinks, sleep on it and look upon tomorrow as the first day of a new life. :D

Edited.

Edited by McMuffin

Always a bit shit when that happens.

When I split up from my ex a few years ago, the thought kept running through my mind most was "could I have stopped us breaking up". We'd been drifting apart for a few months before it happened, both our faults, and when she told me that she wanted us to finish, I agreed, said a goodbye and then went to stay with one of my mates. Came back the next day during the day to get most of my stuff.

We had the old "still be friends" conversation as well but to be honest I don't think it can ever work. We ended things very amicabally, and we can still have a chat and a laugh on the rare occassion that we bump into each other, and we're friendly that way, but to be honest I don't think there's ever a situation when you can remain friends.

EDIT: I've just realised that that post contained no advice or encouragement at all :ph34r:

In response to your last post, it's worth thinking about what you would do if she did want to get back together. It might make you feel better in the short term only to lead to a messier time in the future.

Hope it all works out for you.

Edited by Gaz

Guest The Phoenix

I know you know this already, deep down, but the chances of the relationship rekindling and lasting a lifetime are about as high as Stirling Albion winning the Champions League.

Harsh words maybe but I don't think you'll take offence.

Edited by The Phoenix

My advice is not to make a big drama about it and to celebrate being single, it's the best way to be. You can do whatever you want and go to medical school or whatever it is wherever you want without having to care what anybody else thinks.

This is like an episode of Byker Grove this is.

My advice is not to make a big drama about it and to celebrate being single, it's the best way to be. You can do whatever you want and go to medical school or whatever it is wherever you want without having to care what anybody else thinks.

This is like an episode of Byker Grove this is.

Obviously that would depend from person to person...

Obviously that would depend from person to person...

Nah, I reckon most people are better off on their own.

I have honestly tried long and hard to see the benefits of being locked into any kind of relationship - the rare occasions it has happened to me I have got out of it as soon as possible.

Nah, I reckon most people are better off on their own.

I have honestly tried long and hard to see the benefits of being locked into any kind of relationship - the rare occasions it has happened to me I have got out of it as soon as possible.

I guess the single life is enjoyable if you have the skills to make the most of it. Or if you're *so* antisocial you hate everyone.

Is it buggery. I've been sleeping on my own for over a year now, and its terrible. :(

Dry yer eyes ;)

Being married is pretty fucking ace. :)

I have a recurring nightmare that I am waking up on my wedding day and I desperately want to get out of doing it but I have to go through with it - I don't see the point in it at all.

I have a recurring nightmare that I am waking up on my wedding day and I desperately want to get out of doing it but I have to go through with it - I don't see the point in it at all.

Each to their own and all that. Personally, I've never been happier. :)