The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Windies ekeing out this innings well. 70ofds ahead and Da Silva looking decent for a ton. Surely this ends in a draw. If WIs 9th wicket pairing are holding out OK you'd imagine England's batsmen should have few issues.

SHOULD.

[emoji23]

On 25/03/2022 at 18:14, die hard doonhamer said:

It’s definitely a trickier wicket to bat on. I’m not sure that it is to the extent that these batting lineups have shown though. 

I kinda thought that, it has seemed pretty benign at times with both team's tailenders cashing in, but this is the third time a top order has collapsed - what would be a hard target for the West Indies, 200 is rarely easy at Test level, although that seems a very long way away just now.

Windies ekeing out this innings well. 70ofds ahead and Da Silva looking decent for a ton. Surely this ends in a draw. If WIs 9th wicket pairing are holding out OK you'd imagine England's batsmen should have few issues.

SHOULD.

[emoji23]
Jesus. What an utter binfire of a cricket team [emoji23]

Yesterday was possibly the worst day of English test match cricket in recent memory. An absolute shambles.

However, I’m glad that they’ve been embarrassed again before any decisions have been made on the managing director and coach. It emphasises the scale of the job ahead for whoever comes in, and will hopefully encourage a bold appointment. 

Yesterday was possibly the worst day of English test match cricket in recent memory. An absolute shambles.
 However, I’m glad that they’ve been embarrassed again before any decisions have been made on the managing director and coach. It emphasises the scale of the job ahead for whoever comes in, and will hopefully encourage a bold appointment. 
I've defended Root as captain, mainly as there are no other obvious choices and he is about the only guy guaranteed a spot in the team. If he had a hand in picking the squad for this tour though then even his position has to be questioned. The decision to leave both Anderson and Broad at home was baffling. Admittedly it then looks a lot worse when Wood and Robinson get injured.

Yet again though the batting was atrocious in this test. Too many wickets flung away playing at balls that should have been left well alone. For all that Bairstow has played well lately, god knows what he was thinking last night with the shot that got him out.

36 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

How far back does "recent memory" cover though?