Golfers Thread

Gaz

Anyone use a Garmin Approach watch, or similar?

Few of the guys I play with use them and they seem quite good. Looking at the S2, it's not the most recent but has most of the tools the S3 has. Over 30,000 courses on it and updates manually.

Doulikefish does, I'm sure he can help.

Few of the guys I play with use them and they seem quite good. Looking at the S2, it's not the most recent but has most of the tools the S3 has. Over 30,000 courses on it and updates manually.

Swing by swing app on the iPhone is pretty good. And it's free.

The mountain of a walk between 9&10 and 10&11 isn't much fun either.

I find them not too bad as your leg muscles have loosened up but that first mountain always kills me

Yeah ive got one,gives you the distances to front middle and back of the green,ive found it a great help in club selection,as i suspect like most i always used to not play enough club thinking i could hit the ball further or under estimate how far i was from the greens,its definitely taking a few shots off my score

Off to play elmwood today,want to check out the new pro shop that db62 told me about

I find them not too bad as your leg muscles have loosened up but that first mountain always kills me

Yeah ive got one,gives you the distances to front middle and back of the green,ive found it a great help in club selection,as i suspect like most i always used to not play enough club thinking i could hit the ball further or under estimate how far i was from the greens,its definitely taking a few shots off my score

Off to play elmwood today,want to check out the new pro shop that db62 told me about

Did you have a look in the pro shop?

I need some guidance on shoes.

I've just started playing again after a 4 year hiatus through moving here and whatever and I need some golf shoes. Majority of courses I play will be US "manicured" types, not links, so any recommendation on what type/manufacturer etc shoes to go for.

If it helps I'll probably be about an 18h/c so I don't need to be looking for anything too fancy. Last pair of shoes I bought would have been in about 1995 and I know the technology has kinda moved on since then!

Edit: to spell shoes properly! :rolleyes:

Edited by Raidernation

Currently playing at drumoig-beautiful course in north east fife, immaculately kept and perfect weather.

Im playing there 2mr at 08 52,got it for £15 so was happy to book it at that time

Guest honestrae95

Been playing a lot of golf recently up at my home club of Dalmilling, Ayr. My handicaps up at 11 at the moment, after some utter horseshit medals. Playing for the most prestigious trophy the club has, after the club championship of course, tomorrow and I've decided that the driver is staying at home. Too inconsistent with it and its giving me a lot of work to do with the irons. Would rather try hit a wood or even a 3 iron off the tee and be 20 yards further back on the fairway than in the rough, which is horribly thick at the moment.

Got put out of the club championships in the quarter finals last week after putting out the 2nd seed (3 handicapper) in the second round. We play it off scratch and I don't think I've ever played a round as good as that in my life, won 3&2 and just about made him greet. Wasn't really expecting it to make it through the Quarters as the boys off 6 but still disappointed to get beaten 6&5.

Ach well, lets see how tomorrow goes!

Broke 100 for the first time in a medal today, bang on 99. Gutted as I had a 10 at the first and three 7s on my card.

Was three over my handicap for the front nine, three under my handicap for the back nine. Don't think I'll get cut though as our CSS is usually 70, if it was 71 (par) then I'd be looking at my first ever cut.

Just put the TaylorMade Stage 2 3wood in my bag. Driver officially dropped. I'm hitting equal to or 10 yards short of what I can get out of my driver and have increased accuracy by 1000%.

Still to take it to the course but I reckon this could take 5 shots off my (big) handicap.

ETA- I can hit this club off the deck really well too! Give me a decent drive with a decent lie for my second shot and I'm going for the par 5 green in 2 shots.

Edited by Nutz_the_Squirrel