The New Raith Rovers Thread

Aaah just realised you're all talking about the guy from Edinburgh City. Watched them against Brora and he looked bang average. A bit of nuisance at that level and worked hard but no where near the level required. Runs the ball out of play.

Today's FFP.

McKinnon revealed that he will be running the rule over trialists during the pre-season programme.

“There’s a couple of lads coming in that we’re eager to have a wee look at,” he said.

McKinnon is continuing in his attempts to add to the squad and is due to meet a player tomorrow (Friday).

“He’s a good player and one we’ve worked hard on so hopefully we can get him,” McKinnon said.

“We’re still looking to strengthen in midfield and up front.

Wasps1 will be along any minute now.

Aaah just realised you're all talking about the guy from Edinburgh City. Watched them against Brora and he looked bang average. A bit of nuisance at that level and worked hard but no where near the level required. Runs the ball out of play.

Which level are you using as a benchmark?

Ortega Deniran, Looks rapid as f**k, but looks like he would skin himself a fair bit, like Tade

After watching this youtube clip of Ortega. I've came to the conclusion, that its Nade with pace.

Watching the You tube clip and i personally think he reminds me of Tony Rougier with his skill and strength, Defo worth a trial. His delivery wasnt that bad either tbh, It was more the players around him unable to connact to the final pass.

He's a black fella, then?

The Calum Elliot saga will be on STV News tonight at 6.

Surely that will prompt a response from the club? Imagine we'll get a bit of a backlash.

Just seen his interview on TV there, the club don't come out of this looking good at the moment. Not heard their side of the story yet though.

I would have thought surely all players will be insured by the club for the duration of their contract? Get injured while contracted playing/training with us and you are covered? Maybe I am just being too simplistic with it all.

Edited by bobbykdy

Just seen his interview on TV there, the club don't come out of this looking good at the moment. Not heard their side of the story yet though.

I would have thought surely all players will be insured by the club for the duration of their contract? Get injured while contracted playing/training with us and you are covered? Maybe I am just being too simplistic with it all.

Jamie Borthwick of STV says that the insurance clubs have does not cover on-field injuries. Hence, Mark Campbell was covered after his accident and Calum Elliot isn't.

I therefore assume that the cost of on-field insurance against footballing injuries is prohibitive.

Edited by Michael W

Jamie Borthwick of STV says that the insurance clubs have does not cover on-field injuries. Hence, Mark Campbell was covered after his accident and Calum Elliot isn't.

I therefore assume that the cost of on-field insurance against footballing injuries is prohibitive.

Mark Campbell's was paid for by the club not the insurance, the policy refused to pay out

I've always assumed that too, without really thinking about it, but it does make sense. If insurance covered on-field injuries, there wouldn't really be any risk in signing an injury prone player.

Mark Campbell's was paid for by the club not the insurance, the policy refused to pay out

I'm almost certain someone from the board said the claim had been settled and paid out in the FFP? It was at the end of the subsequent season.

It was stated at the AGM in 2014 that the club had written off the fees for Sparky's rehab.

It's not being underhand though it's just the way football is. We held off giving Scott Mcbride a 400 pound injection until mcglynn thought he would need him a few years ago, it happens alot in football.

Dear lord what did the injection do?!

According to the Scotsman we are looking at Dale Hilson

Never been that taken by him, a solid league one player.