Quick Question Thread

5054070729915.jpeg.e5e859d09392fc33e92f1d91669585e3.jpeg

Can I make some pancakes with this tonight and leave the rest and safely make more in the morning? Do I just store it in the fridge? 

I've never used the stuff before and understand that it's meant to be shit anyway but.. 

5054070729915.jpeg.e5e859d09392fc33e92f1d91669585e3.jpeg
Can I make some pancakes with this tonight and leave the rest and safely make more in the morning? Do I just store it in the fridge? 
I've never used the stuff before and understand that it's meant to be shit anyway but.. 
Yes

On 09/07/2020 at 12:43, Dee Man said:

Does anyone else give the guy holding the STOP/GO sign at roadworks a little raise of the finger from the steering wheel of acknowledgement or am I just a tragic, albeit very polite, sadsack?

I usually do, but it depends on my crankyness level at the time. This afternoon I was driving home and got caught up in a tailback after a pickup truck had apparently spontaneously combusted. It was baking hot outside and a rather fed-up looking Polis was standing in the road, directing traffic around it.  I gave him a wee wave and I'm not kidding, I think I made the guy's day. He gave me a big smile and a huge wave back. It's possible he thought I was someone he knew but even so, I continued on my way feeling a little better than usual about myself.

Not my photo:

109573145_341615560191361_7675305263070310504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_oc=AQm4u054Xb-26F87ihqMsE8HNluSe_qJFzgSdyLmT-vqFiHaludHjqM2M9Og50M_Iqo&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=44d6077f5e7d8b851412b7f6987f7e51&oe=5F33DA0E 

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I usually do, but it depends on my crankyness level at the time. This afternoon I was driving home and got caught up in a tailback after a pickup truck had apparently spontaneously combusted. It was baking hot outside and a rather fed-up looking Polis was standing in the road, directing traffic around it.  I gave him a wee wave and I'm not kidding, I think I made the guy's day. He gave me a big smile and a huge wave back. It's possible he thought I was someone he knew but even so, I continued on my way feeling a little better than usual about myself.

Not my photo:

109573145_341615560191361_7675305263070310504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_oc=AQm4u054Xb-26F87ihqMsE8HNluSe_qJFzgSdyLmT-vqFiHaludHjqM2M9Og50M_Iqo&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=44d6077f5e7d8b851412b7f6987f7e51&oe=5F33DA0E 

Guy's clearly forgot to put his windows down when he's put the heating up full blast. 

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Not my photo:

Used to see that all the time in Phoenix; no doubt you did too. Twenty minute drive to college through the Metro area and there'd always be at least one car in flames, or a burnt-out husk at the side of the road waiting to be towed away  :blink:

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Used to see that all the time in Phoenix; no doubt you did too. Twenty minute drive to college through the Metro area and there'd always be at least one car in flames, or a burnt-out husk at the side of the road waiting to be towed away  :blink:

Seems rather appropriate to see  it in Phoenix!   Any mythical birds as well?

36 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Seems rather appropriate to see  it in Phoenix!   Any mythical birds as well?

Stand-up comic Pablo Francisco used to have a bit about how unattractive the women are in Arizona.

I'm quietly confident that, if I posted pics of a few of the wife's friends from back home, there'd be plenty of "'til the neighbours complained about the smell", "would crawl across broken glass to sniff her farts", etc. Pablo Francisco needs to get out into the big wide world.

I’ve zero experience with them, but need a budget time lapse or video camera to set up and record overnight. Got a leak at work and can’t figure out where it’s coming from each night so need at least 12 hours of footage.

Dont know if a second hand GoPro is best or if there are any better alternatives? Assume I’d also need a big SD card to get a full 12 hours?

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Stand-up comic Pablo Francisco used to have a bit about how unattractive the women are in Arizona.

I'm quietly confident that, if I posted pics of a few of the wife's friends from back home, there'd be plenty of "'til the neighbours complained about the smell", "would crawl across broken glass to sniff her farts", etc. Pablo Francisco needs to get out into the big wide world.

Not much contest really considering the state of Scottish females compared to the beauties of yesteryear:

maggie.thumb.jpg.d876a101a3151caa76e477a9e93d21da.jpg

yesteryear...

fag.jpg.3ecbf9091d61fe8710fd2d47041d2004.jpg

now

Question for the music tech gurus.

Ordered a new Sony surround system on 20 May.  Turns out Sony can't get this or much other stock out, so i've been offered an LG system in its place.  Any opinions ??  The systems are similar in layout, but the LG system seems to have a bluetooth connection thingy and free-standing tall speakers.  I'm no techy type, as P & B has witnessed, so i'd welcome valid and genuine opinions to assist with making the correct choice.  Cost difference is negligible.

The Sony system is   https://ao.com/product/bdve4100-sony-home-cinema-system-black-34702-110.aspx  

The LG system is       https://ao.com/product/lhb645n-lg-home-cinema-system-black-47876-110.aspx

Edit :  My son's telling me to wait for the Sony system and thinks he may have found it in stock in an Edinburgh Argos.  Watch this space.

Edited by hearthammer

24 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Ordered a new Sony surround system on 20 May.  Turns out Sony can't get this or much other stock out, so i've been offered an LG system in its place.  Any opinions ??  The systems are similar in layout, but the LG system seems to have a bluetooth connection thingy and free-standing tall speakers.  I'm no techy type, as P & B has witnessed, so i'd welcome valid and genuine opinions to assist with making the correct choice.  Cost difference is negligible.

The Sony system is   https://ao.com/product/bdve4100-sony-home-cinema-system-black-34702-110.aspx  

The LG system is       https://ao.com/product/lhb645n-lg-home-cinema-system-black-47876-110.aspx

Had an LG tv for years, excellent quality product.

Anyone had a contract phone go tits up with months left? The Mrs's phone has stopped working and it's going to cost £300 apparently. She has 22 months left. Something doesn't sit right that she has 22 months left of a contract yet she has to fork out all that money to fix it rather than them doing it. Feels like they have supplied a product that doesn't work. Surely it should be on them to resolve.

Anyone had a similar problem?

On 15/07/2020 at 15:01, hearthammer said:

Edit :  My son's telling me to wait for the Sony system and thinks he may have found it in stock in an Edinburgh Argos.  Watch this space.

I'm the new proud owner of a great sounding Sony surround system delivered today.  Vive la difference.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anyone had a contract phone go tits up with months left? The Mrs's phone has stopped working and it's going to cost £300 apparently. She has 22 months left. Something doesn't sit right that she has 22 months left of a contract yet she has to fork out all that money to fix it rather than them doing it. Feels like they have supplied a product that doesn't work. Surely it should be on them to resolve.

Anyone had a similar problem?

When did she get it? With that amount left I'm thinking a two year deal - should have a 12 month manufacturer's warranty.