Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, Weegie Par said:

The Duke's Umbrella on Argyle Street would get my vote. Been for Sunday Roast 3 times, not been disappointed yet. £30 for two courses which I felt was fair for the food we got.

Twice there was live music and once there wasn't, so not sure if that's a regular thing. It's just on the outskirts of the City Centre so would recommend if you're willing to travel the 10 mins from Byres Road.

Thanks, certainly while the service in Oran Mor was decent, the food was just alright, might see if we can get close to The Dukes Umbrella sometime in future.

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Dunno about the ten minutes from Byres Road, he'd need to be a time traveller now to be honest.

Your no wrong, we had to drop some keys off with him a week or so back and he was up town - what a faff with roads closed, roadworks etc.

Having been in Dundee and Kirkaldy for work today, I can confirm that there are b*****ding road closures everywhere..........

Edited by Leith Green

38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Thanks, certainly while the service in Oran Mor was decent, the food was just alright, might see if we can get close to The Dukes Umbrella sometime in future.

Your no wrong, we had to drop some keys off with him a week or so back and he was up town - what a faff with roads closed, roadworks etc.

Having been in Dundee and Kirkaldy for work today, I can confirm that there are b*****ding road closures everywhere..........

You might need to edit that again to spell kirkcaldy properly....

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

When you buy a shirt that has spare buttons attached to a tag somewhere on it do you leave the tag on or cut it off?

I leave it on otherwise I’ll just lose it somewhere. Not that I’m liable to ever be arsed with the spare buttons tho; I can’t sew. 

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

When you buy a shirt that has spare buttons attached to a tag somewhere on it do you leave the tag on or cut it off?

Leave it on. It'd take it off it was ever uncomfortable or inconvenient, but they never have been.

Do people cut off those stupidly long labels at the back of underpants? I used to, then realised they've never actually bothered me, although they look like they should.

An old memory just popped into my head; I used to work in a Post Office, and we'd get people from a number of local businesses coming in to bank their take towards the end of the day. One particular business owner always banked exactly £4,000 in notes - not sure if he came in every single day, but I always saw him if I was on the closing shift. I'm not sure if he had other businesses elsewhere, but I'd be surprised if the one I knew him from made £4,000 a week, never mind per day.

Is there some perfectly reasonable explanation I'm overlooking, or was our hero definitely involved in drug dealing and/or money laundering?

17 hours ago, Eednud said:

Those buttons are there to balance the shirt perfectly.

If you remove them you will start veering off to the side when you walk.

11 hours ago, BTFD said:

Leave it on. It'd take it off it was ever uncomfortable or inconvenient, but they never have been.

Do people cut off those stupidly long labels at the back of underpants? I used to, then realised they've never actually bothered me, although they look like they should.

Where are you buying your underpants, Ikea?

9 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Those buttons are there to balance the shirt perfectly.

If you remove them you will start veering off to the side when you walk.

All these years my wife blamed the alcohol yet it was her cutting off the buttons…

I was tempted to use four dots, or even five!