Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

What's the going rate for a house cleaner?

I'm moving next week and I really, really can't be fucked with the big moving out clean.

They'll be very busy in Edinburgh at this find of year so I wouldn't leave it too long to try and find someone. My cleaner and her hubby do end of tenancy/move out cleans as well as regular cleaning. Can send you her number if you want? A two bed place would be about £90 (add or subtract a bit depending on the size of the place). £30-£40 a carpet if they need cleaned.

4 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

£20/25 for the hour? Can't imagine it'll be much more than that.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

They'll be very busy in Edinburgh at this find of year so I wouldn't leave it too long to try and find someone. My cleaner and her hubby do end of tenancy/move out cleans as well as regular cleaning. Can send you her number if you want? A two bed place would be about £90 (add or subtract a bit depending on the size of the place). £30-£40 a carpet if they need cleaned.

Cheers.

Good point on time of the year. I'll have a scout about and try calling folk asap. If you could send us their details, that would be appreciated SP.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If it was my place it would take a week.

There's a bit of that going on here, going to take more than an hour anyway.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

13 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I find hubby easier to say. "husband" sounds like I'm doing a Nelson Mandela impression. 

Shands, Shandy, Shandon Par (it is Sunday), you were my favourite poster (this week) until that faux pas, not sure if there's a way back. 

I couldn't be more disappointed if Aiden had given me a piece of unhelpful information. 

Paranoid Android is now wearing your hat in my world, with the Cardinal hanging on his coat tails. 

PA enjoy the caravan. 

G-Bo(re)

Just now, Grim O'Grady said:

Shands, Shandy, Shandon Par (it is Sunday), you were my favourite poster (this week) until that faux pas, not sure if there's a way back. 

I couldn't be more disappointed if Aiden had given me a piece of unhelpful information. 

Paranoid Android is now wearing your hat in my world, with the Cardinal hanging on his coat tails. 

PA enjoy the caravan. 

G-Bo(re)

Word of warning Lethal Grizzle - that paranoid android likes his biscuits in the fridge. If he invites you round for a Viscount I suggest you keep your wits about you. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Word of warning Lethal Grizzle - that paranoid android likes his biscuits in the fridge. If he invites you round for a Viscount I suggest you keep your wits about you. 

I'm thinking of trying refrigerated biscuits anyway.

I'm off to speak to Aiden the helpful (c**t) if he thinks it will enhance my reputation, by gawd it could do with an overhaul.  

G-Bo(re)

ETA I've still got a few of my own teeth despite Miley's portrayal of me. "auld", Seething. No refrigerated Viscount biscuit will break me or my teeth. 

I'm thinking of trying refrigerated biscuits anyway.

I'm off to speak to Aiden the helpful (c**t) if he thinks it will enhance my reputation, by gawd it could do with an overhaul.  

G-Bo(re)

ETA I've still got a few of my own teeth despite Miley's portrayal of me. "auld", Seething. No refrigerated Viscount biscuit will break me or my teeth. 

Please don't.

I know many will be quickly shoot me down as brand lager isn't a popular thing on here. However, quick straw poll between you guys (Would have started a 'beer olympics' but anyways) - Grolsch or Heineken - what would you rather?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know many will be quickly shoot me down as brand lager isn't a popular thing on here. However, quick straw poll between you guys (Would have started a 'beer olympics' but anyways) - Grolsch or Heineken - what would you rather?

If it's a straight choice between the two, then Heineken. 

Grolsch is utterly ganting. Plus it has the added downside of reminding me of awful fashion fads of my youth.

Beer that tastes good >>> Stupid bottle opening gimmicks marketed at morons

Being too thick to grasp the entirety of the post you quoted = standard fail from a shit-flinging, bigoted simpleton like yourself.

Better luck next time.

13 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

PA enjoy the caravan. 

13 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Ok - what the f**k is going on here? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Viscount Biscuits refrigerated, Viscount Grants crispy, yes?

Aidan the helpful (c) yes. 

"Crispy"? Wtf Aidy have you been schooled by Skidmarks? ;) 

off on a T...

I've got a rental car & I'm driving up to Edinburgh from Manchester (well it's just before Manc tbh but that's not important), now should I come off the M74 at Abbington & take the A702 through Biggar etc or continue up the M74 & cross over to the M8 to get back to Ed? 

G-Bo(re)