Quick Question Thread

50 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Who wants to give me my 1000th Greenie? 

Is there a club for the 1000+ guys?

No it wouldn't be funny to give me red dots instead.

I always get a slight thrill if the reputation counter thing sits on a significant number (eg 666), historical event (eg 1314). Good luck in your quest to reach 1000. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I always get a slight thrill if the reputation counter thing sits on a significant number (eg 666), historical event (eg 1314). Good luck in your quest to reach 1000. 

'Things that give me a slight thrill' thread for this pish.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Where is there to park in Edinburgh around the Stand on York Place. Won't be until around 8 pm if that makes a difference, happy to walk for 20 minutes or so.

Park where you want at that time, other than on double yellows. If you can't stop right outside on Queen Street then you should find a space any of the side streets opposite (Dublin Street, Dundas Street) 

7 hours ago, throbber said:

Can anyone recommend a decent book or two for me to read on holiday? Something quite amusing preferably.

Presumably you read American Psycho before signing up. It was on the reading list, after all.

Just heard a reading of The Eye Of Argon. If you fancy something short and sweet that you can read between novels without ruining your appetite, you could do a lot worse, especially if you play the game with the missus.

19 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Bird at work says she eats dry cereal (not a euphemism) - nae milk!

WTF? :blink:

I mean, I could eat dry Sugar Puffs - she eats dry Rice Crispies, though!

Any c**t else do this?

Granny Sanchez does this. I've tried it with Shreddies - or Asda's own brand Shreddies to be precise - and it's not bad.

They're also not called Sugar Puffs anymore.