Quick Question Thread

12 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It may be difficult to believe, all things considered, but I've never heard the Spot the Loony song. Any links?

Also, why do minor bumps and grazes hurt so much more when you're cold? The heating turned off during the night and I barked my ankle when getting up. Victims of the Inquisition didn't suffer so much.

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
12 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:
It may be difficult to believe, all things considered, but I've never heard the Spot the Loony song. Any links?

Also, why do minor bumps and grazes hurt so much more when you're cold? The heating turned off during the night and I barked my ankle when getting up. Victims of the Inquisition didn't suffer so much.

Never heard it either. Sounds like Shite though.

^^^ spot the loo........nah, better not go there...

Old women get purple rinses because as you get older your eyesight deteriorates and whites appear yellow. Purple is the complimentary colour to yellow so when they dye their hair purple it appears white to them, not the piss yellow they normally observe in the mirror.

Short hair is an easy one. Hair is a reflection of one's health and a person with shoulder length hair is effectively displaying two years' worth of their medical history (which is why they test hair samples for drug use and why Britney shaved her head). As we get older our hair, somewhat like our skin, turns from soft and shiny to wiry and dull. Cutting your hair short helps disguise how old/unhealthy you are by putting less of it on display.
It's also why women often cut their hair short after giving birth as the stresses of child birth and rearing have an adverse effect on their hair.

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Old women get purple rinses because as you get older your eyesight deteriorates and whites appear yellow. Purple is the complimentary colour to yellow so when they dye their hair purple it appears white to them, not the piss yellow they normally observe in the mirror.

That sounds absolutely mental but, considering your second paragraph is reasoned and makes sense, you've got me wondering if there might not be something to it.

I intend to start approaching ladies with rinses to tell them their hair doesn't actually look like piss. This insanity must end.

On 15/02/2020 at 12:59, Dele said:

I'm looking for a Bluetooth music player so I don't have to lug my phone around the gym battering it off of stuff. 

Extra points if you have one that can have Spotify (or suchlike) on it. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of something? 

Quite pricey but this seems to do what you are after.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0821QBT1D/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_YyAsEbRY1PADN

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

So Crystal Tipps thought her hair looked like piss? Another childhood memory shattered..

21 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Chick actually married her thinking it was Brian Connolly of Sweet 

1) Brian Connolly was the half brother of Mark "Taggart" McManus.

2) "Ballroom Blitz" was inspired by a Sweet gig in Kilmarnock.

There's not a lot of people know that.

1 is true
2 I've not heard that before.
Sweet and Slade were my first favourite bands when I was a youngster of about 12 maybe[emoji3]

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

13 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

1 is true
2 I've not heard that before.
Sweet and Slade were my first favourite bands when I was a youngster of about 12 maybeemoji3.png

100% True - they were actually bottled off stage when they played the Grand Hall in (I think) 1973 or so. Dark glasses were in evidence at that week's TOTP appearance to hide the damage.

Interesting fact - although I've heard a few people say they were not a bad live act, they also got booed (rather than bottled) off stage when they played our local Prison Officers' Club in the early nineties.

8 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Looking for somewhere decent near the A1 (travelling northbound) to stop for a Sunday lunch.

Anywhere between Berwick and the Edinburgh city bypass would be ideal.

The Nether Abbey Hotel in North Berwick. The Bar/pub part is called  The Fly Half. I go there a fair bit. Nice place for a Sunday lunch.

Looking for somewhere decent near the A1 (travelling northbound) to stop for a Sunday lunch. Anywhere between Berwick and the Edinburgh city bypass would be ideal. 

If you’d like somewhere with a view over golf course and Firth of Forth/Aberlady Bay, then Craigielaw Golf Club at Aberlady is worth a look. Open to public but might be worth booking a table as it’s pretty busy at weekends. They do a great Sunday carvery.https://www.craigielawgolfclub.com/restaurant/

22 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Looking for somewhere decent near the A1 (travelling northbound) to stop for a Sunday lunch.

Anywhere between Berwick and the Edinburgh city bypass would be ideal.

11 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

If you’d like somewhere with a view over golf course and Firth of Forth/Aberlady Bay, then Craigielaw Golf Club at Aberlady is worth a look. Open to public but might be worth booking a table as it’s pretty busy at weekends. They used to do a great Sunday carvery.

https://www.craigielawgolfclub.com/restaurant/

There's also the Bonnie Badger in Gullane (one of Tom Kitchin's places).