Quick Question Thread

16 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Why do football fans no longer sing, "Spot the loony?"

Best rendition of that I ever heard was when I was on my way to Anfield for the Wales-Scotland World Cup qualifier in 1977. The train stopped at Carstairs Junction,  somebody started singing that and the whole train joined in!

It may be difficult to believe, all things considered, but I've never heard the Spot the Loony song. Any links?

Also, why do minor bumps and grazes hurt so much more when you're cold? The heating turned off during the night and I barked my ankle when getting up. Victims of the Inquisition didn't suffer so much.

It may be difficult to believe, all things considered, but I've never heard the Spot the Loony song. Any links?

Also, why do minor bumps and grazes hurt so much more when you're cold? The heating turned off during the night and I barked my ankle when getting up. Victims of the Inquisition didn't suffer so much.
Never heard it either. Sounds like Shite though.

I'm looking for a Bluetooth music player so I don't have to lug my phone around the gym battering it off of stuff. 

Extra points if you have one that can have Spotify (or suchlike) on it. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of something? 

Edited by Dele

I'm looking for a Bluetooth music player so I don't have to lug my phone around the gym battering it off of stuff. 
Extra points if you have one that can have Spotify (or suchlike) on it. 
Can anyone point me in the direction of something? 
The direction of the pub and not the gym!

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

When I was wee all the old ladies had short hair, and I thought to myself "that'll not last, folk will just have the hair they have now when they're old" and now the folk who would have been in their 40s and 50s then are the old ladies and they still have the same haircut.

What's that all about then?

Why do elderly ladies keep getting blue/pink/purple rinses? I was sure that would have died off by now. At what point does somebody think, "well Moira, you've been retired for a few years now, time to dye your hair a very watery pale pastel colour"? Does the hairdresser pull you aside and have a quiet word? Genuinely no idea how this became the thing to do, or why it continues.

Now I'm wondering if the current generation of youngsters, used to dying their hair bright vibrant colours, will suddenly decide to tone it down for no good reason when they hit 70.

34 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I frankly find it terrifying because it seems one day I'm going to wake up and all my clothes will be beige, my cupboards will have nothing in them but fray bentos pies and blue riband biscuits and I'll have an electric fire that only goes to three bars on Christmas day and it'll all feel absolutely normal.

I could fair go a Blue Riband. Don't think I've had one in decades.

Oh no. This is how it starts.

IIRC it was sung to the tune of Son of my Father by Chicory Tip.
That song was 48 years ago and the Spot the Loony sketch on Monty Python was about the same. Not many people below bus pass age will remember them, and they don't tend to sing at matches.