The New Raith Rovers Thread

Finally can the "we love you Ray" chat be put to bed. Some of the posts on here after he left were cringey and anyone who thought we were anything more than just another job for him needs to have a reality check.

Disappointed with the way Toshney has acted here and I think we can all agree that the "illness" of last week was a load of bull. If you're given the fans Player of the Year you don't treat the club like he has done. 

Having said all that if we have got £85k for a 24 year old player with a year left on his contract and who we only signed a year ago then United have lost it.

Cannot wait now until 27th August to give absolute pelters to the pair of them.

I'm sure there were! 

Deary me, we were always just a job to McKinnon just as we are just a job for the majority of the players. There's no loyalty in football, especially for a club of our size and position within the realms of Scottish football. In fact we're probably the ideal stepping stone for a lot of people be that players or managers.

Best of luck to both of them. While I'd loved to have kept Toshney, that figure is realistically one we can't turn down considering we signed him for hee haw.

Connolly never looked like returning but I thought he was a class act and had a very good number of assists and goals.

Whenever we have a good season we lose players, usually for buttons. That's just how it goes. The paltry sums involved show where the Scottish game is financially.

From memory we paid Forfar £57k for Brewster and that was 25 years ago when we were a middle of the table First Division team. Now we receive £85k (if it was that much) for our Player of the Year who made the Championship Team of the Year.

Is anyone actually going to Forfar tonight? I'd like to hear about some actual football for a change.

As for Toshney, it sounds like a decent bit of business for everyone involved. Toshney has furthered his career, United have got a good player for this level, and we've brought money in for a player we'd likely have lost for buttons in pretty much any other situation.

As we all know, players hold all the power. I hope Lewis Toshney is over his illness, because he'll want to hit the ground running at Tannadice. There's no sense in keeping a player against his will, not only do you likely lose the commitment of that player, but footballers at this level aren't likely to sign for a club that they think might stand in their way if a good offer comes along.

Being a selling club is a lot better than being a giving-away-for-free-at-the-end-of-every-season club.

He hasn't really furthered his career at this point. He has most likely made a financial gain out of this move which is fair enough.

I actually thought bene was the better cb last year so am not overly fussed he's off for the apparent fee. Maybe now see connelly sign as his replacement.

It does annoy me that locke brought in Johnstone and potentially connelly and Templeton who are all looking to prove themselves after injury.