The New Raith Rovers Thread

To me him saying he hoped more fans would of turned up at the cheaper prices was him just as getting upset that the crowds were low as he cares and wants the club to do well , nothing about the fans who have turned up. Ok maybe should not of put that in an official club statement but I'd rather have someone at the club that cares than someone who does not. End of the day our grief is with the results as this would be a non starter had we won a few games recently

To me him saying he hoped more fans would of turned up at the cheaper prices was him just as getting upset that the crowds were low as he cares and wants the club to do well , nothing about the fans who have turned up. Ok maybe should not of put that in an official club statement but I'd rather have someone at the club that cares than someone who does not. End of the day our grief is with the results as this would be a non starter had we won a few games recently

Come on Eric you should at least try to make it less obvious.

That's the point, if we were winning that statement would never have been made. We can't buy a goal at the moment and the persistence of Locke to keep playing his favourites is the cause of it. If you're not performing then you warm the bench or watch from the stand. Roberts should never be on the pitch before matthews and Coustraine has only impressed when he's been given a chance.

Gary if you're reading this, put out the side that plays football and not the ones you go for a pint with, they've got a severe hangover on match days

12 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That is the worst argument that is continually trotted out for keeping a manager in his job. 

Did you simply choose to ignore the (?) at the end if my sentence? 

11 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This

Money is the issue regards punting Locke plus Jackson and replacing them however the 80k from TV this weekend should be enough

80k from TV? 

That's the way to go mate. Your club was struggling after a string of away games recently, but you want a manager sacked costing £££££'s then hire someone else costing even more  £££££'s. Thank goodness your bod has a bit more intelligence than some of you fans.  

80k from TV? 
That's the way to go mate. Your club was struggling after a string of away games recently, but you want a manager sacked costing £££££'s then hire someone else costing even more  £££££'s. Thank goodness your bod has a bit more intelligence than some of you fans.  

And meanwhile by doing nothing we lose about £30k per league position and very possibly our place in the division.

48 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

And meanwhile by doing nothing we lose about £30k per league position and very possibly our place in the division.

The actions or inactions from your bod say they disagree with sacking him right now. But like all fans, we know best eh? 

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Not our 'bod'. Just Eric 'f**king' Drysdale.

You really are tedious, boring, uninformed, ignorant and your vitriolic and personal attacks towards a club employee (and fellow Raith supporter) are rather pathetic.

Just now, lellywong said:

You really are tedious, boring, uninformed, ignorant and your vitriolic and personal attacks towards a club employee (and fellow Raith supporter) are rather pathetic.

I would see it as a passionate supporter worried to feck about the way the club is heading at this moment in time.

8 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

I would see it as a passionate supporter worried to feck about the way the club is heading at this moment in time.

I see it differently. I'm a passionate supporter as are most of us. Resorting to personal attacks isn't displaying passion in supporting your team.

It's puerile and serves no purpose.

4 minutes ago, lellywong said:

I see it differently. I'm a passionate supporter as are most of us. Resorting to personal attacks isn't displaying passion in supporting your team.

It's not a personal attack though.  He's not saying anything about drysdales personal or private life, he's having a go at his running of the football club which at this time, based on decisions made by the chairman is going one way and it's not upwards.  Gary Locke is a disaster for Raith, the quicker you and the chairman see this the better it will be. Insulting stay away fans isn't going to make things better, a team preforming to its capabilities is. 

2 hours ago, P475 said:

Did you simply choose to ignore the (?) at the end if my sentence? 

80k from TV? 

Our cup tie with the jambos is live in the box on Sunday hence the 80 k which I believe is around the figure we will receive outwith gate receipts

Personal attacks? :lol:

Give me an example of when I've shown to be throwing a personal attack at Drysdale?

I am also a passionate fan of the club, hence why I've spent so much money following the team home and away all season. This is also why I hate to see the club going through this when it is entirely avoidable, and then a member of the board wrote an article for the OS blaming the fans for it all, for not turning up without realising that the reason fans aren't turning up was because of the board telling us to go and buy season tickets, that they have a list of 'Quality Candidates' for the vacant managers position. They then went and appointed a man that has nothing apart from failure on his CV.

Anyone remember the 3 part video with Turnbull, Drysdale, Ellis and Murray that went up on Raith TV after fans were getting miffed about performances/results? Basically the powers that be backing Murray to the hilt whilst giving the odd dig at the fans and Drysdale trying to upsell season tickets. Wonder how long til we see something similar the way fans are going. Would be interesting to find out how long it was between that video going up and Murray getting the chop. 

I'm not going to come on here and claim Drysdale is doing a great job, I personally don't think he is, nor as bad as some make out, probably somewhere in the middle.  He does care about the Rovers and is, I would imagine, trying to make a huge success of getting it right off the field.  

I do sympathise with the points he makes but not the way he goes about it, it's probably fair to say he doesn't have natural charisma (who does in Scottish football?).  What initiatives would people like to see him and the board do?  Sacking Gary Locke is not really what I'm looking for either. How do we get the stay away supporters through the door? How do we attract new fans to the club? It's always about the stuff that's not gone to plan, rather than what we can do in the future.