The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

The same Rudi who hasn't scored since the 15th of December 2012? The mind boggles, who does he think he's fooling with that statement?!

"Rudi has been unlucky because a few chances have fallen on his right foot"

Another quote from the same article :unsure2:

It MUST be true, it was in The Courier!!

I mean, Journalists don't make things up, AND misquote folk to sell papers, I mean they don't, do they?

PLUS, there certainly could not be two misquotes in the same article.....how could there be?

Sheesh!   ;)

I've always found the Courier to be very reliable when it comes to the Rovers, much like the FFP. In terms of online only, Deadline News are really good as well. 

Whatever you may think of the Courier/FFP otherwise, their sports coverage of us is excellent and really as good as we can hope for. Much better than the occasional dross that appears in the Daily Record - "Raith gaffer Gary Locke insists his side will beat x opponent and are no pushovers yada yada". Then there's the match reports that seem to come out of a generator - chuck in the scorer's name and there it is. 

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I've always found the Courier to be very reliable when it comes to the Rovers, much like the FFP. In terms of online only, Deadline News are really good as well. 

Whatever you may think of the Courier/FFP otherwise, their sports coverage of us is excellent and really as good as we can hope for. Much better than the occasional dross that appears in the Daily Record - "Raith gaffer Gary Locke insists his side will beat x opponent and are no pushovers yada yada". Then there's the match reports that seem to come out of a generator - chuck in the scorer's name and there it is. 

I've found on many occasions the Courier prints more accurate story's about DAFC than our own Dunfermline Press. 

What's the script with Jason Thomson? Just not match fit yet? Needed two touches a lot last night and seemed off the pace.
Also where is BeckenBarr? February is approaching.

He's on the bench and not getting in the team as Bene and M'Voto have been a brilliant partnership all season.

He's not injured any more.

He's on the bench and not getting in the team as Bene and M'Voto have been a brilliant partnership all season.

He's not injured any more.

According to others he can play midfield too. Surely we can accommodate him somewhere. He could have come on last night to shore up that defence.

3 minutes ago, donny86 said:

No wins in 11 now

I'm still not convinced Locke is the right man going forward but after the last 2 performances he deserves the next 4 or 5 games to see if he can get our league campaign back on track.  If we lose to Hibs, Dundee United and Morton and fail to beat Dumbarton this Saturday then questions will need to be asked from the board about our management.  

I'm still not convinced Locke is the right man going forward but after the last 2 performances he deserves the next 4 or 5 games to see if he can get our league campaign back on track.  If we lose to Hibs, Dundee United and Morton and fail to beat Dumbarton this Saturday then questions will need to be asked from the board about our management.  

Because of 2 draws, he now deserves the next 4 or 5 games? I still think, if we lose on Saturday, he should go.

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Because of 2 draws, he now deserves the next 4 or 5 games? I still think, if we lose on Saturday, he should go.

I think, because of the application and desire the team showed over the two cup games, the manner of any defeat then has to be considered. 

I think, because of the application and desire the team showed over the two cup games, the manner of any defeat then has to be considered. 
It could be a 98th minute penalty with the foul happening over a foot outside the box, and it still be 0 wins in 12. We wanted rid of Murray as he had 3 wins in 20. How many wins has Locke had in his last 20 games? Gary Locke now has 3 wins in his last 21 games at the minute. Lose on Saturday then that will get a lot, lot worse.

29 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The attitude and the application was there i'd rather give the guy a chance to see if he can build on that and turn it into a winning run.....we've let him spend the budget lets see what happens over the next couple of weeks.....doing that we can be sure for certain sacking him is the correct move.   As I have already stated i'm not a Locke fan but need to be realistic about it, the board will use the last two performances as an indication to give him a bit more time.

10 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It wasn't. I bet you would be able to pick out the group fans who were chanting his name though.

Ah the embarrassing old men?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Drysdale after 'masterminding' us to a replay windfall