The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, true_rover said:

His record at taking Dundee United down last season would be a warning against that.

Utd were in free fall so can't judge him solely on that.  look at the rest of the jobs he been in gives you a good idea of what hes capable of.  For the record I still think Hughes would be the better choice if available.

3 minutes ago, donny86 said:

I think we might head in a more orange direction

At first I thought, wait MiXu used to be at Utd - that Orange. Then I moved quickly (with a shudder) to Lee Elbows, but now I've got you - the tango man. I think your right. Hes been at Starks today. 

Edited by piebob

Mixu inherited a team doing badly, failed to turn things around and relegated them. Not sure I'd want him taking over a similar situation here, tbh. 

Sacking Locke is the easy part, even it was completely the right decision. Whoever comes in has to motivate a squad that are bereft of confidence and grind out enough wins to steer us away from 9th place.

I think whoever comes in will inevitably split the crowd at best. 

Utd were in free fall so can't judge him solely on that.  look at the rest of the jobs he been in gives you a good idea of what hes capable of.  For the record I still think Hughes would be the better choice if available.

Fairly sure Utd were 11th when he took over and had a transfer window to help. They got worse under Mixu.

Not sure who I'd want at the moment as there doesn't seem many great names being thrown about.

Any experienced manager who comes in is going to have had a bad gig at some point in his career otherwise he wouldn't be out of work. 

Danny Lennon is the stand out name for me at this stage. Not because of his former player connection. Just because of his record at Cowdenbeath and St mirren.

17 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

What about Ian Murray? He undoubtedly had a dreadful record at St Mirren, but what he did with ourselves was very good. Not like St Mirren can be used to judge how well managers have done either.

He's is working abroad 

100% someone who is out a job 

Hughes. Lennon. Mixu. 

Edited by Wasps1