The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

also says in the FFP that the club are still in talks with smith and chairman wanted him to be boss next season if we won promotion, I hope something does get worked out as players all signed for him and we are in a good position,a change at this point makes no sense.

I don't see him as a long term manager at SP,  I'd be far happier to get someone else in who isn't wedded to 4-4-2, doesn't throw the toys out the pram because he dislikes a player (Spence), embraces youth development, has some charisma and actually smiles more than once a season.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The FFP alludes to a £15k player donation that has caused some issues, although the chairman said he expected us to make a signing over the weekend.

So we're expected to sign a player over the weekend....with no manager at the helm? :unsure:

35 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

also says in the FFP that the club are still in talks with smith and chairman wanted him to be boss next season if we won promotion, I hope something does get worked out as players all signed for him and we are in a good position,a change at this point makes no sense.

still in talks with Smith? as in.... he might come back as manager?

I can see the uproar from some on here when that happens!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Raithie said:

So we're expected to sign a player over the weekend....with no manager at the helm? :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Unless he was referring to last weekend? 

Yeah meant last weekend. Smith was apparently in negotiations with a player last weekend but that has obviously now fallen by the wayside.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah meant last weekend. Smith was apparently in negotiations with a player last weekend but that has obviously now fallen by the wayside.

So this is probably where the talk of Smith have funds available then suddenly having them withdrawn is coming from. Interesting.

32 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I don't see him as a long term manager at SP,  I'd be far happier to get someone else in who isn't wedded to 4-4-2, doesn't throw the toys out the pram because he dislikes a player (Spence), embraces youth development, has some charisma and actually smiles more than once a season.

I agree with a lot of what your saying but the players this year seem to be buying into his plans,If a yogi comes in then all hell could break loose again, too risky Imo.

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Wait... what?

1 minute ago, renton said:

What are the odds that our next manager will end up being... Barry Smith :lol:

If so then during the press release I hope we have him in the south stand with the cliche 'scarf above the head' pose for the cameras.

Just now, Raithie said:

If so then during the press release I hope we have him in the south stand with the cliche 'scarf above the head' pose for the cameras.

Big club.... lots of potential... heard good things etc etc

Is anyone else wondering the dynamics of the BoD? I think it's become obvious that Sim and Smith have had some kind of bust up. And we're all assuming that it's more than likely to be over funds available for transfers etc. But if this is the case, then what's the Chairmans role in all of this?

Is Bill Clark not supposed to be the man who makes the decisions from a footballing point and Sim is the man sorting the SPP company etc? If so then it seems that Smith has waited for Sim to be back in Kirkcaldy to air his grievances and then handed in his notice. It all seems a bit late in the day for it to be over not getting the money to spend considering he's resigned after the window has shut and not before in protest for not getting the money he wanted.

8 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Is anyone else wondering the dynamics of the BoD? I think it's become obvious that Sim and Smith have had some kind of bust up. And we're all assuming that it's more than likely to be over funds available for transfers etc. But if this is the case, then what's the Chairmans role in all of this?

Is Bill Clark not supposed to be the man who makes the decisions from a footballing point and Sim is the man sorting the SPP company etc? If so then it seems that Smith has waited for Sim to be back in Kirkcaldy to air his grievances and then handed in his notice. It all seems a bit late in the day for it to be over not getting the money to spend considering he's resigned after the window has shut and not before in protest for not getting the money he wanted.

what makes it obvious that it is Sims? I'd expect it to be the other way around - If you've got a difficult relationship with the board, that's likely to be the ones there on a day to day basis surely?

We’re still talking to Barry, but I don’t know what the outcome of those talks will be. All we’ve decided so far is that Kevin will take the team on Saturday. We’ve not looked beyond Saturday yet.

If the guys hands in his resignation, and you accept it, I'm not sure there is much left to talk about?

Edited by renton

5 minutes ago, renton said:

If the guys hands in his resignation, and you accept it, I'm not sure there is much left to talk about?

Perhaps they feel the issues leading to his resignation can be fixed, and are attempting to work around a solution. They have obviously backed him. His Players - His Squad. Time will tell, although I would be stunned, as many would, if we announced BS would continue/come back.

I can't recall a situation in recent memory where a manager has resigned, then came back a week later.