The New Raith Rovers Thread

He's the Sports editor for the FFP, a fairly wide beat that includes coverage of the Flyers as much if not more than the Rovers. Possibly doesn't give him the depth to review the minutiae in any given sport. Besides, far more than the fact of Alloa's lofty position, the idea that we'd pay compensation for anyone is far more ridiculous.
He is also and editor in other local rags. He reports at times on Clyde games for Cumbernauld News

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Not sure I’d want Goodwin. Still fairly inexperienced and unproven in full time management. Alloa only went up by the back door of the play offs, he still hasn’t won anything as a manager. Would be step up for him coming here and a risk on our side. Would be looking at managers with a higher profile.

Intrigued at the higher profile, more experienced managers you think Rovers could realistically get?

Intrigued at the higher profile, more experienced managers you think Rovers could realistically get?

I think I’d like to see us go for super hans. He has a pretty high profile on here and managed to rip you a new one too if I remember rightly. Back to the bakers then, chubby head.

Nah I gave that guy a greeny for being a reasonable Raith fan. 

My original point that I didn't really say was that including Jim Goodwin in a poll for the next Raith Rovers manager doesn't exactly lend credibility for Matthew Elder or FFP because reasonable people will realise Guardiola has just about as much chance of taking over at this point as Jim.

Seeing as he's a journalist wouldn't he find out about the comings and goings at St Mirren and Alloa? Which he obviously hasn't.

Instead it seems like setting up your board and fanbase for disappointment.

So you’re on here laughing at a few opinions of certain Rovers fans then go onto compare Jim Goodwin with Pep Guardiola in the same breath :lol:

You wonder why nobodies taking anything you say that serious?

39 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

So you’re on here laughing at a few opinions of certain Rovers fans then go onto compare Jim Goodwin with Pep Guardiola in the same breath :lol:

You wonder why nobodies taking anything you say that serious?

Don't expect everyone to understand what hyperbole is either.

4 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

FFS just name Barry Ferguson or Nacho Noshow and we can all celebrate 

Your better keeping your trap shut. You had the best opportunity you will ever have to beat us only a few weeks ago and fucked it up! Then you celebrate the draw WTF.

Your a few knifes short of a fork

20 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Nah I gave that guy a greeny for being a reasonable Raith fan. 

My original point that I didn't really say was that including Jim Goodwin in a poll for the next Raith Rovers manager doesn't exactly lend credibility for Matthew Elder or FFP because reasonable people will realise Guardiola has just about as much chance of taking over at this point as Jim.

Seeing as he's a journalist wouldn't he find out about the comings and goings at St Mirren and Alloa? Which he obviously hasn't.

Instead it seems like setting up your board and fanbase for disappointment.

He is basically trying to develop debate amongst the Rovers support on who they think the next Rovers manager should be and when hes mentioned Jim Goodwin your about wetting your knickers. Unless your Jim Goodwins agent you havent a clue of his plans for the future he may have applied for the job? Why isnt Alloa  offering  Jim a full time contract if hes that good 

23 minutes ago, basher brash said:

He is basically trying to develop debate amongst the Rovers support on who they think the next Rovers manager should be and when hes mentioned Jim Goodwin your about wetting your knickers. Unless your Jim Goodwins agent you havent a clue of his plans for the future he may have applied for the job? Why isnt Alloa  offering  Jim a full time contract if hes that good 

:lol:

Most probably because Alloa are a part-time club with part-time players, so can’t see any logic in having a full-time manager regardless how good he is, when the players only train 2 evenings a week[emoji45]

58 minutes ago, basher brash said:

:lol: