The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cat was offered the same terms (money I'd guess) as before.

He was to continue as before as reserve/youth dev' coach and the only change is that he would be that he would no longer be assistant manager but a 1st team coach.

Now Cat is an intelligent guy but obviously his pride was dented and he viewed this as a demotion and decided to move on.  Personally I'd now question just how clever he really is, the smarter move imo would have been to sit tight and soak up the McGlynn wisdom.  I think he'd have learned more just listening to the Baldy in the last 10 days than he'll have picked up in 15 months under Baz Smith.

Anyway, like Smith he is yesterdays news and is part of a chapter I'm happy to consign to history.

True he had a big part in that season we finished 4th (but was he really a better keeper than the one he replaced through McKinnon's alienation of the Witch?) but it's said he came with an injury and retired from the game with the same problem. He's not even in my top 5 best Raith keepers.

Edited by Scottydog

I liked cat but he was never going to get the job I don’t think he was happy about being a coach McGlynn wanted smith as his assistant so he’s decided to leave and that’s his choice but if he stayed he would of learned a lot under Mcglynn.

Best of luck to the Cat, seemed a nice guy but I think his pride has been hurt in not getting the job so he’s thrown the teddies which is a wee bit short sighted. The board gave him his shot and he failed to prove himself ready to manage. Better to stay part of the coaching staff and continue to learn so when he gets his shot he’s more prepared.

I think it's much better than I had feared.  Ball moves really nicely on it and it is an improvement on the grass pitch we had. 

I'd rather we had a good grass pitch, but that hasnt been possible at Starks of late or at least hard to keep consistent. 

Big test will be how it copes with the increased use. 

There has been no issues with the pitch so far. It's alot better than the one at eep years ago. The ball doesn't slide as much and has a more of a natural bounce to it. I wasn't bothered about it being installed but it is an improvement on what we had and seems to be better than ef's effort aswell.

It should be an asset during the winter. AFAIK, there was nothing any of our groundsmen could do regarding the state of the pitch due to the drainage issues.

I've only seen one awkward bounce take place so far in six games which was during Mcgurn's testimonial.

Looks good so far. Just need to make sure we use it to our advantage across the course of the season.