The New Raith Rovers Thread

Seems we were in for Callum Hendry from St Johnstone but he's gone to Killie instead, which isn't a huge shock. 

There's a finite number of reasonable options and that's another one off the table. It'll be interesting to see what the Plan B (or C, or D) is. McGlynn doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who'll bring in a body for the sake of it. If he doesn't get one of his top targets I suspect he'll settle until January. 

No inside information on this one, but I see Harry Panayiotou has barely featured for Livi since he arrived earlier in the window... 

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Seems we were in for Callum Hendry from St Johnstone but he's gone to Killie instead, which isn't a huge shock. 

There's a finite number of reasonable options and that's another one off the table. It'll be interesting to see what the Plan B (or C, or D) is. McGlynn doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who'll bring in a body for the sake of it. If he doesn't get one of his top targets I suspect he'll settle until January. 

No inside information on this one, but I see Harry Panayiotou has barely featured for Livi since he arrived earlier in the window... 

I think your right and if he can’t get who he wants he won’t take anyone , Harry is he the answer? Not sure tbh but only a few days left to do something 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Seems likely at this point that we will try and limp through. Though a poor showing tonight might cause him a re-think...

I'd probably differentiate today insofar as we didn't totally shit the bed like previous matches this season, but tiredness must be starting to become a factor. Pretty much the same XI has played three games in the last week and that can't be sustained. 

It's not new information but we're struggling up front and need another option. Vaughan is out the season and I don't think we've properly dealt with that yet. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

I'd probably differentiate today insofar as we didn't totally shit the bed like previous matches this season, but tiredness must be starting to become a factor. Pretty much the same XI has played three games in the last week and that can't be sustained. 

It's not new information but we're struggling up front and need another option. Vaughan is out the season and I don't think we've properly dealt with that yet. 

We need to do it quickly, McGlynn seriously can’t think we have a strong enough team. Zanatta for all his hard work can’t do it on his own. 

I've said it on the match thread but JM has to bring in a striker. Varian runs but can't hold it up. Too many times it comes back in to midfield or the centre halfs sweep it up if we try to play it through the middle. Maybe it's lack of a number 10 but whatever it is JM must address it before the loan window shuts. 

Outside of the stiker, I think our starting XI are fine. It's our lack of game changers on the bench that's got me worried. There's not really anyone there that I feel will come on and win us games. Similarly we have decent defensive options on the bench but BRS as our CM option isn't going to help us see out games.

What I would give to have Kieran MacDonald and Zanatta down that left hand side.

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

One thing I'd be curious to know is how many tickets were allocated to Rovers fans for tonight's match. A 2,800 crowd announced suggests we only had to 2,000 tickets available for the South Stand. Surely that can't be right? 

I’m a season ticket holder and didn’t go tonight and I’m guessing I won’t be the only one who did that tbh mate

Raith TV alluded to it in their interview with Bene but he has an excellent record against Dunfermline. He is yet to lose in his 8 appearances against them for us. 4 wins and 4 draws.

Mentioning it now in case the record goes in a few weeks time.

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

One thing I'd be curious to know is how many tickets were allocated to Rovers fans for tonight's match. A 2,800 crowd announced suggests we only had to 2,000 tickets available for the South Stand. Surely that can't be right? 

It would be interesting to know actually how many tickets were allocated to the home fans.Reading between the lines though and looking at stadium plan pre match it was a 50/50 split with club working from a 5k capacity 

11 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I’m a season ticket holder and didn’t go tonight and I’m guessing I won’t be the only one who did that tbh mate

No doubt some season ticket holders wouldn,t have been there tonight but TBF dont think it would have been in the hundreds

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

It would be interesting to know actually how many tickets were allocated to the home fans.Reading between the lines though and looking at stadium plan pre match it was a 50/50 split with club working from a 5k capacity 

No doubt some season ticket holders wouldn,t have been there tonight but TBF dont think it would have been in the hundreds

Could well have been. I know of another 5 season ticket holders who weren’t there tonight. 

The club should be completely embarrassed at the crowd last night. Turning away people for a ‘sell out’ with 1300 empty seats in the South Stand. It was all grimly predictable - they just couldn’t be arsed asking Fife Council to go back to full capacity (minus the Main Stand) which would’ve allowed every seat in the stand to be sold.

Nothing they can do about people not showing up of course, and clearly there was plenty of that, but at least the money is in.

Thankfully I think the need to do a tick box exercise for full capacity ends this week. Which is just as well, because clearly we’d never have got round it.