The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It might well come down to the age of the apprentices. I'm sure I read earlier it's 13 players over the age of 18. I think Arnott just turned 18, but if he's the oldest we might well be under the threshold. 

To go back to this, it seems these are the rules:

_20211219_003320.thumb.JPG.15a8e7eb14be1eae5b09c7442af7f16e.JPG

Assuming Berra's suspension, and nobody else either being ruled in or out differently from today, we'll have (by my count) 14 players available. Of those, 2 are goalkeepers, and 12 are 18 or older. 

In that case, we won't be in a position to request a postponement of the game. 

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Must be a wee bit frustrating for you guys to be unbeaten for what, a decade??? And still not be top 😆

Only kidding, the second half of the season is going to be some ride, this is magic and what fitba’s all about.

Just goes to show, parachute payments and previous reputations mean f**k all.

Assuming Berra's suspension, and nobody else either being ruled in or out differently from today, we'll have (by my count) 14 players available. Of those, 2 are goalkeepers, and 12 are 18 or older. 

Caught the end of an interview with Dave Martindale on sportsound yesterday.
He was being spectacularly honest and saying that he wouldn’t be taking two busses to away games to try and limit potential covid cases, he’d be taking one bus because if there was a case on one bus he’d have ten players out for the next game but the game could still go ahead because the players on the other bus would be available.

He says he’d rather all players were unavailable and the game was off.
Couldn’t really argue to be honest.

Disappointing to lose a goal right at the death in those conditions yesterday, but now that half the season is over, I’m delighted with where we are. A point off the top of the league with only 3 single goal defeats in the first half of the season. Definitely can’t complain about that. Still think that depth of squad will stop us winning the league, but if the inconsistency of others we’ve seen in the first half keeps up, then who knows we might be still challenging going into the final few games. 

Before yesterday game I thought we were light up front anyway , Think varian does a great job but we need someone to just play off him that will score 4/5 goals , Matej is a good impact player from the bench but that is it . 
Have to applaud the team/ managers  efforts in the last 16 games fantastic throughout just need to kick on now in the second part of the season 

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

How long are all the players out for is it 10 days? We’re now down Berra as well.  Can’t se us winning games if we’re having to play them without a striker and fielding U18s with. No subs. 

Free 3 points up first. 

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Caught the end of an interview with Dave Martindale on sportsound yesterday.
He was being spectacularly honest and saying that he wouldn’t be taking two busses to away games to try and limit potential covid cases, he’d be taking one bus because if there was a case on one bus he’d have ten players out for the next game but the game could still go ahead because the players on the other bus would be available.

He says he’d rather all players were unavailable and the game was off.
Couldn’t really argue to be honest.

Not 100% sure what the rules are at the moment around cancellations through Covid, but if you still have to prove that you’ve done everything you can to mitigate risk, then Martindale saying that was pretty silly. Presumably they’d just be told they’d have to forfeit the game 3-0? 

10 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Never know, might be an injury or two during training this week 

Not 100% sure what the rules are at the moment around cancellations through Covid, but if you still have to prove that you’ve done everything you can to mitigate risk, then Martindale saying that was pretty silly. Presumably they’d just be told they’d have to forfeit the game 3-0? 

Richard Gordon et al did some sucking of teeth after the interview so yes, perhaps he has just dropped himself/ the club in it.

Can totally see where he’s coming from though.

I think if the four Covid cases aren’t available for Boxing Day, and assuming we don’t have any more positive cases, it would be prudent to suggest to the SPFL that we picked up a couple of niggly injuries yesterday and the game simply can’t go ahead.