The New Raith Rovers Thread

If I was a Raith fan I would want as many people as possible calling for the club to get rid of him. Not sure why people are happy to listen to some people tell them what a bad decision it is but tell others to f**k off for giving their opinion.

Approaching 48 hours since the rumous started.

Getting rid of the player is doable even if expensive.

McGlynn is cheap to replace/free in the summer, but who knows who would take over if season ticket sales are low and our sponsorship has collapsed.

Getting rid of the BOD seems the hard part.

What would it take for people to go back ? 

No GW 

No GW or McGlynn

No GW or McGlynn and new board

If its the 3rd option then we could be looking at death by 1000 paper cuts. Thats not to say we snouldnt be aiming for it, especially after the statement 

19 hours ago, Alan H said:

Went to the game tonight to show my support for the players over the 90 minutes despite the latest faux social media outrage by a majority of people who have never heard of Raith Rovers before today. There was no booing, no baying mobs, no boycotts, no picquet lines, no eggs thrown. A normal midweek attendance and  a peaceful protest by approx 20 people outside the ground prior to the game.

Disappointed as I was in the club's decision today I decided not to jump on the social media band-wagon led by Val McDermid with Nicola Sturgeon in tow. Why you ask? Well I was silent when Scottish football was brought into disrepute back in March 2017 when he signed for Clyde. Where was the furore, where was the First Minister's indignation then? I myself didn't say anything. I don't even recall talking abut it. Barely a whimper compared to today's frenzy on here and across other social media platforms, but hey I suppose 'cancel culture' and social media 'pile-ons' wasn't in vogue back then! Clyde obviously didn't have any celebrity supporters with First Ministers in their back pocket to rouse the clamouring mobs looking for their next target.

If you care about the Scottish game and you didn't shout from the rooftops and make grand and extreme proclamations when he signed for Clyde back in 2017 then please spare me your righteousness and moral grandstanding because it's suddenly and inconveniently landed on your doorstep today. Touting your virtues or sob stories about cancelling your player subscription or season ticket does not mean you are morally superior to me or anyone else. There is an important conversation to be had here which we all conveniently ignored a few years back for some reason or another. If you were as vocal then as you were today then fair play, your a better person than me and well done! If not... then ask yourself why...I know I will be!

What's a picquet line? 😆

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hate to break it to you but those losses are going to rack up, just take the summer for instance:

Having to find a new major sponsor for you kit, you'll need this soon so the supplier can work on the design and have it printed. As well as advertisements round the ground.

A delay to print will cost you shirt sales.

Season tickets are going to be a hard sell especially with inflation on the up a price rise whilst the club has a much reduced fan base over the issue.

I would bet by the end of Goodwillies contract he will have cost you at least twice what his wages and sign on fee are, and will have also irreversibly cost you your reputation.

We might just survive till the end if season, then I'm afraid its curtains never mind players kits............. were fecked well and truly

There would be plenty of folk prepared to join the board I think if we somehow managed to get him out the club. However that is pointless unless Sim allows decisions to be made and doesn't have his lapdogs in place as he does just now.

For me McGlynn and Smith go, Goodwillie released and Sim takes a step back with a gradual transition to fans ownership along same lines as Hearts have done.

2 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Approaching 48 hours since the rumous started.

Getting rid of the player is doable even if expensive.

McGlynn is cheap to replace/free in the summer, but who knows who would take over if season ticket sales are low and our sponsorship has collapsed.

Getting rid of the BOD seems the hard part.

What would it take for people to go back ? 

No GW 

No GW or McGlynn

No GW or McGlynn and new board

If its the 3rd option then we could be looking at death by 1000 paper cuts. Thats not to say we snouldnt be aiming for it, especially after the statement 

No GW is the absolute minimum, I’d be willing to return but I’d be pushing for McGlynn and the board to be shown the door until they’re gone. As you say no GW or McGlynn is very doable. The board will take longer unless a Penman or McDermid person wishes to help out them. 

20 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Its reportedly cost us £50k to Clyde and I pressume he' on 50k+ a year x 2 1/2 is another £ 125k+ and thats no accounting for the losses that'll be racked up over the coming months

Expect he is on substantially more than £50k a year as he was on £50k a year with us I have heard from numerous sources.

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

All involved with this deal have to go.

We made a misjudgement” isn’t going to cut it.

They could spin as much as they want, it won’t be enough and shouldn’t save them.

For me any chance to do this and survive was ended after yesterdays statement when they doubled down on the decision.   

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

All involved with this deal have to go.

”We made a misjudgement” isn’t going to cut it.

They could spin as much as they want, it won’t be enough and shouldn’t save them.

I am inclined to agree with this.

If they'd come out yesterday and held their hands up and admit they got it wrong, immediately announce that DGW will play no football in Raith colours, apologise for their mistake and volunteer time and/or donate a week's wages to a rape charity, then I think most Raith fans and sponsors would accept the apology and move on.

The doubling down means that Goodwillie is not the only person in an untenable position anymore.

15 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

What's a picquet line? 😆

It’s from when Nelson set up a one man blockade at F1 tracks because they stopped giving petrol coupons to save up for World Cup player coins. Common knowledge.