The New Raith Rovers Thread

For the benefit of the thread, I've compiled a list of people who should be surprised that a number of footballers are outing themselves as thick morons:

1) Absolutely no-one

12 minutes ago, Cewako said:

Trustee discharged in December. Does that mean he's fully out from under the bankruptcy no matter what? Is that why the move came about now?

Not necessarily. He'll have been in a Full Admin Bankruptcy - debtors are automatically discharged after 12 months (as long as they don't break the rules). However monthly contributions to the pot can continue for up to 4 years from the award date. The interesting part is Acquirenda. That applies for a period of 4 years from the start of a bankruptcy regardless of discharge. Basically if a debtor receives a lump sum/asset the AIB can take it and distribute amongst creditors. Usually they aren't aware of such lump sums unless the debtor is honest with them, however given the enormous publicity this is generating, I would imagine they'll be checking out any potential payouts. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

I get what the players are all saying. I would personally feel pretty bad if all this made him top himself or something. Maybe others wouldn’t but that’s just me. And I also believe what he done was horrendous and care about his victims mental health too. Surely you can think all of these things at the one time? 

2 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Perplexed as to how it is embarrassing to choose to spend someone’s own free time away from a full time job with family and friends instead of working completely voluntarily in an environment that supported a decision you don’t believe in. The line ‘thousands of hours’ in the RaithTV statement in regard to collective work was not an understatement.

I liked the one I saw a guy calling you guys hypocrites for not walking out when he signed for Clyde 5 years ago! Aye “RaithTV quit Raith over Clyde signing” 😂. I hope you lads will be back in the near future, fully supported your decision.   

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I get what the players are all saying. I would personally feel pretty bad if all this made him top himself or something. Maybe others wouldn’t but that’s just me. And I also believe what he done was horrendous and care about his victims mental health too. Surely you can think all of these things at the one time? 

If Goodwillie was genuinely remorseful and apologetic for what he'd done and actually owned up to it, you might have something of a point. As it is he simply moaned about not being able to afford a fancy car or a big enough house, so any concerns over his mental health can be fired into the fucking sun. 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where do they show any thought for the victim at all? One even liked a Tweet saying that the civil court judgement was nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Perplexed as to how it is embarrassing to choose to spend someone’s own free time away from a full time job with family and friends instead of working completely voluntarily in an environment that supported a decision you don’t believe in. The line ‘thousands of hours’ in the RaithTV statement I’m regard to collective work was not an understatement.

You and the other lads/lassies involved with Raith TV deserve a hell of a lot of credit for the turnaround by the board. I have absolutely no doubt that the prospect of losing out on the income that Raith TV generates was one of the biggest factors in their u-turn. Fair play to you all  👏 👏 

35 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

Has old man Spence commented yet ?

A good chance he'll produce a worse take than Spiers tbf.

Spence currently delivering hot takes about Kate Forbes's religion

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Where do they show any thought for the victim at all? One even liked a Tweet saying that the civil court judgement was nonsense.

Well I do not agree with that obviously but on the point overall 

And even if he has dug himself into a hole with not owning upto this or whatever 

If he did end up topping himself because of all of this that would still be a pretty horrendous outcome in my opinion 

You can just picture all the managers and chairmen in the country frantically phoning round all their players telling them to keep their puss’ shut on social media. I’m sure every club has at least one or two thickos who could potentially say the wrong thing.

Edited by Tattie36

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Without making any comment on the case whatsoever (and the judgement looks perfectly sound) you can't weigh evidence by literally counting the number of words used by someone. That's mental.

Yet that’s the way I judge your posts!

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Now that Nicola’s intervention has sent this story viral it’s just a matter of time before Spartak Moscow slap a five year deal on the table.

Beg to differ on that. I'd suggest it was Val McDermid's comments that sent this story 'global'. Example :- When German broadcaster ARD's 'Sportschau' broke the story in Germany, it was masted with a picture of Val McD. She is a bit of a superstar in Europe and sells books by the containerload. The amount of positive (and free !) PR that Raith Rovers are afforded by having her as their No 1 celebrity fan and sponsor is invaluable and incalculable. The club certainly couldn't afford to pay a PR agency to provide this kind of media exposure.  Why the f*ck the Raith BoD ever thought that pissing off the club's most important individual benefactor and leading feminist was a good idea is something I cannot comprehend.

The statement is a small step but the decision taken by a few has tarnished the club long term and it,ll be a long way back.I,d like to think those that took the decision that signing DG was the right thing to do consider their futures at the club

Like calderon my resignation from attending games after 60 years hasnt lasted long as this news that  goodwillie will not be playing for my club is just enough for me to contemplate taking my seat on Saturday to support the team

Anyone who thinks I,m a turncoat feel free to red dot me till your hearts content 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Jeez. A costly mistake for Raith in more ways than one 

It’ll cost us a lot more than that arseholes salary with the bad will shown to our sponsors. We’ll be very lucky if any of them reconsider supporting us even if we out the board.