The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I didn't think Mackie looked a discernable improvement on Dick, tbh. If we are going to bring in another LB then it needs to be someone else. 

A decent showing against a Killie side on holiday made doesn't change that. 

Disagree bud tbh think he is but neither are a patch on K Mac 

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm expecting Sean Mackie to be signed as competition for Dick.

I thought he was great on Friday. The more game time he gets under McGlynn (hopefully) he’ll get even better

If you talk pish you need to expect such devastating wit. Williamson is a Scotland international, full of potential, yet according to you, should be nowhere near our team next season.
Honestly the standard of debate on here sometimes is just superb. Intellectual as always. So let me reply.

Based on his performances since January I wouldn't have him back in next season. Bar the Hamilton match I don't believe he carried anywhere near enough influence in any game and for his position that's something he needs to be doing.

The argument of him being a Scotland (under 21) international is flawed in many respects. How many players have played at that level and done absolutely nothing else in their career and we've had several of them on loan with us in the past. Varian is an under 21 for Ireland but I bet you don't think we should have him back.

Williamson may turn out to be a really good player but based on what I've seen this season with his performances for us I do not think that we should bring him back next season. I think that's a fair argument and I've given a reasonable reply to you as to why.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Oh dear, another John Sim interview/statement imminent ti explain this. 

After his last interview, he'll probably say something like "Good for him, wish I could go with him."

Honestly the standard of debate on here sometimes is just superb. Intellectual as always. So let me reply.

Based on his performances since January I wouldn't have him back in next season. Bar the Hamilton match I don't believe he carried anywhere near enough influence in any game and for his position that's something he needs to be doing.

The argument of him being a Scotland (under 21) international is flawed in many respects. How many players have played at that level and done absolutely nothing else in their career and we've had several of them on loan with us in the past. Varian is an under 21 for Ireland but I bet you don't think we should have him back.

Williamson may turn out to be a really good player but based on what I've seen this season with his performances for us I do not think that we should bring him back next season. I think that's a fair argument and I've given a reasonable reply to you as to why.
Now you have. But "nowhere near our team"? I disagree. I was going to say McGlynn's form for developing young players could very well see more from Williamson but looking more likely the former is away....

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

After his last interview, he'll probably say something like "Good for him, wish I could go with him."

There are 41 other clubs to support for those unhappy about this, I guess.