The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We need a big target man striker the amount of crosses we’ve put in and straight to the Keeper or their CH Is too easy we need someone there challenging for those balls 

Alternatively, stop playing aimless crosses into a box when we know we don't have the players to win headers, be more creative instead.

Pretty lacking in ideas, everything was back out and recycled round and round. Hopefully we can get some players in.

Boys like Gullan and Dario cannot be impressing the management team. I actually thought Easton was very poor tonight, gave the ball away a lot and as I mentioned not sure he suits playing in a middle 2.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Alternatively, stop playing aimless crosses into a box when we know we don't have the players to win headers, be more creative instead.

Don't think the balls in were bad at all. It just highlights the lack of any striking instinct in that side.  

Just now, CALDERON said:

Don't think the balls in were bad at all. It just highlights the lack of any striking instinct in that side.  

Any ball in that isn't close to a player on your team is a bad ball. No one should be playing a ball where they think someone "should" be and then complain about it when they're not there. You look up, see where your team mates are and try to find them. 

It’s frustrating, dominate possession but don’t create anywhere near enough clear cut chances. 
Defensively look shaky still too. 

People were quite happy to say it’s only friendlies when we looked ropey now it’s two draws against part-time league 2 opposition in competitive games. 

Get Matej in. 

Sunday's going to be interesting. If nothing else, it's the first time Murray's Rovers side will go into a game (including friendlies) against a team that isn't from a lower level. 

They've been very hot and cold in the games where you'd expect them to dominate the ball. Are they better as a counter attacking side? 

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Any ball in that isn't close to a player on your team is a bad ball. No one should be playing a ball where they think someone "should" be and then complain about it when they're not there. You look up, see where your team mates are and try to find them. 

Plenty balls in tonight were absolutely fine, its the complete lack of cutting edge that's the problem.  When you have players being outmuscled by defenders, or heading the ball straight to the keeper it's not the quality of delivery that's the problem.

One of my other concerns however is that I don't think Berra has looked particularly great thus far.  Really could do without him being past it.

Murray to claim progress because we won the penalty shoot out this time... 

We really should've been sitting with 9 points and with qualification virtually assured by now. A win and 2 draws from that run of fixtures is pretty disappointing to say the least. 

I've tried to hold judgement but unless there are some signings and quickly this group of players will be in a relegation scrap from the off.  Zanatta should be nowhere near the side, Gullan couldn't trap a bag of cement and his first touch is non existent.  Mitchell has no composure in the box, Easton was anonymous.  Two games against League 2 sides and we have failed to win either of them and only scored one goal.  It's all very well Murray saying he knows we need players but the club must sort this out quickly.  I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest we will be anywhere near top 4.

Disgraceful that we've been held to a draw twice in 90 mins by League 2 sides. The performance on Saturday was terrible and by all accounts it was the same tonight. Murray has a job on his hands to fix this or we're gonna enjoy a few sore losses to begin our league campaign.

12 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I actually thought Easton was very poor tonight, gave the ball away a lot and as I mentioned not sure he suits playing in a middle 2.

Apart from that Peterhead game, where he was very good to be fair, all he's done is give the ball to the opposition. I'm not convinced at all that he's good enough to make much of an impact for us in the league. 

Lets see what IM has to say in his interview. Must be asked about reinforcements. Shows by lack of goals that we need at least one striker probably two and defence needs addressed allowing Brown into his favoured centre mid role. Get some toughness into the squad.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

A win doesn't guarantee though surely due to Aberdeens goal difference ?

We'll probably get through as one of the best 2nd placed sides if we win. I've not really compared the other groups though as it seems highly unlikely we'll win.