The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

ACC4611D-31D7-4E7A-ACBB-C8A6B23F0CCC.thumb.jpeg.d8226142831514a9bad13c1f810d08f2.jpeg

I’m pretty certain that your body does not work better when you’re fucking starving but I look forward to seeing how an emaciated Sam Stanton gets on.

The whole Tips section is a goldmine of crackpottery. 

The players desperately pleading for the ref to blow for half time so they can get a segment of orange each 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Do we see all our benchwarmers moved on and in return for an investment, Evro provide us with so many young” promising “ players that if any of them come good they get most of the transfer fee? South American style🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I see us going under in quick time with the rest of football laughing their arses off at us.

1 minute ago, renton said:

I see us going under in quick time with the rest of football laughing their arses off at us.

Again!!, did we not learn with Claude le fraud . Im just trying to work out why they would invest in us and that’s the best reason I can see. We dont have many assents to strip. If Murray resigns then you know its bad as he will get another job quite soon I would imagine, done ok with us and comes across well. Oh well lets hope there isn’t plans to do a fly on the wall documentary 🤦🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

ACC4611D-31D7-4E7A-ACBB-C8A6B23F0CCC.thumb.jpeg.d8226142831514a9bad13c1f810d08f2.jpeg

I’m pretty certain that your body does not work better when you’re fucking starving but I look forward to seeing how an emaciated Sam Stanton gets on.

Jubilation for the Rovers squad as Tom Lang finds a dropped selection box at the recent Rovers v Morton match. 

6121-Goal-one-celebrations-Toms-in-there-somwhere-640x480.jpg

39 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Isn’t this just the ethos behind fasting?

24 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

I've heard from a source close to the club that there's an Italian (closely aligned with Caira) who's in talks. Meant to have quite a bit of money and has ran some really successful businesses all over Europe. He was at Starks Park yesterday apparently. 

Maybe we can get a tricky Italian winger that knows how to get pasta defender or 2. Might cost a pretty penne for his wages though. 

I have to say, I’m not a fan of what appears to be our new annual tradition of releasing a horrendous rumour just before new year that has the whole fan-base aghast and in disbelief that such stupidity could really occur. 
If it follows the same trajectory as last years horrendous rumour and comes true at the end of January then…… then…… well I don’t really know. Pretty sure we’ll be fucked though. 

3 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

The website is better. It promises a blend of Eastern mysticism and Carlo Ancelotti. 

Also, if you can do 46 keepy-uppies then you're a Platinum. A Platinum what, you ask? Unclear. You can get a Bronze in POWER by doing fifteen push-ups, though. Revolutionary. 

Edit: There are videos! https://www.mindgoalsfootball.com/videos I won't spoil them, you should enjoy them free of context, but you'll never guess who the only player to reach Platinum was... 

The fact that 46 is the magic number, rather than 40 or 50, suggests this is the work of a committee rather than an individual.

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

The fact that 46 is the magic number, rather than 40 or 50, suggests this is the work of a committee rather than an individual.

50! Are you insane? Even Maradona couldn’t do 50 keepie uppies. 

As a side note, the keepie uppies in those videos were shit. No working it up from feet to knees, to head, back to knees, back to feet. Just tippy tappy shite. Maradona is quite possibly turning in his grave.

6 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

On the contrary, I think this is very much the work of an individual. And I think that individual's working process was "Hey, son, how many keepy-uppies can you do?" 

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

This is some sort of weird Scientology/life coaching crossover with football, isn't it? 

Unlikely, as Scientology is profitable, unlike EVRO Pro…

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Maybe they figured they had to convert a metric 40 into an Imperial 46?

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I think we have had 3 banter years in the last 15-20 years. Anelka season, relegation when we loaned Vaughan to Dumbarton (amongst other things that year) and of course last season too.

Terrible going, really. 

The issue is the increasing frequency of Banter outbreaks. It's Banter warming.