The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, TxRover said:

It may sound screwy, but if Jamie wants a local coaching opportunity and perhaps some playing, Kelty would be interesting, he might know some people with contracts at the club.😉

David McGurn is goalkeeping coach at Kelty.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Probably cheap, like our other CF options this year. Certainly not a scorer like we want (about one goal per 239 minutes, or one every 2.67 games…) or significantly better than what we’ve had. This may be crazy, but if Akio is let go, would it be silly to have him as a winger? He looked much more threatening than before the second half against Partick.

He did look better on the wing so maybe, todorov leaving the pars as well, probably go back to ICT but is he worth a look?

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Probably cheap, like our other CF options this year. Certainly not a scorer like we want (about one goal per 239 minutes, or one every 2.67 games…) or significantly better than what we’ve had. This may be crazy, but if Akio is let go, would it be silly to have him as a winger? He looked much more threatening than before the second half against Partick.

Yes it would be extremely silly no where near good enough. 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

He did look better on the wing so maybe, todorov leaving the pars as well, probably go back to ICT but is he worth a look?

I doubt todorov would come anywhere near the rovers after the stuff that happened with Davo a few year back 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I doubt todorov would come anywhere near the rovers after the stuff that happened with Davo a few year back 

I doubt many players worry about that, it’s more about offers and potential. If we offer a competitive packet and probable starting time, who knows. A goal every 157 minutes or so is a goal every 1.75 games or so, more than most we might look at, but that was League One. In 21-22 he only scored 3 in the Championship in 913 minutes…or one every 304 minutes, a LOT a worse. I’d not be opposed to considering, but he’d not be the solution in my mind.

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That the same Charlie Albinson that’s been the best goalie in the league? 

Could easily be tempted with a nice pay rise and a player/coaching gig. 

Albinson dreams of having the career MacDonald has had, 13 years at top division clubs and he’s played in 4 major finals with 3 different clubs winning a major honour in the most famous Hearts win this century but yeah I’m sure he’s wishing he was as good as Albinson 🙄 .  

Edited by San Starko Rover

Offering Akio a deal because he looked half decent for one half of football would be like offering Nando Mendy a new deal because he played well in his last game against Dundee. One swallow doesn’t make a summer and ultimately the overwhelming evidence is he is no where near good enough.

I am confident we will be aiming a lot higher. I think there will be a mix on the incomings between some real good quality experienced players and some “young, hungry players” such as Barjonas/Agyeman and some Premier League youngsters mentioned by Barrowman to beef up the squad a little bit.

On the subject of young players, I would hope we would be having a look at Joe Bevan at Albion Rovers. Charlie Reilly is the one who gets all the headlines and is signing for Dundee but Bevan only turned 18 in January and has 9 goals in 17 games (8 in his last 9) for a side that has finished bottom and looks a real handful. Would imagine the Championship would be too big a job for next season but a 2 year deal with a loan back to League Two next season would be some worth looking at IMO.

Edited by R.R.FC

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

It may sound screwy, but if Jamie wants a local coaching opportunity and perhaps some playing, Kelty would be interesting, he might know some people with contracts at the club.😉

He already coaches at FC Edinburgh.

Edited by Enigma

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Albinson dreams of having the career MacDonald has had, 13 years at top division clubs and he’s played in 4 major finals with 3 different clubs winning a major honour in the most famous Hearts win this century but yeah I’m sure he’s wishing he was as good as Albinson 🙄 .  

He’s also about ten years older than Albinson so it’s pretty irrelevant what he’s achieved in his career right now. 

All I’m saying is that Albinson has been the best goalkeeper in the league THIS season. No one is saying that Jamie MacDonald hasn’t had a decent career so you can just simmer down. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s also about ten years older than Albinson so it’s pretty irrelevant what he’s achieved in his career right now. 

All I’m saying is that Albinson has been the best goalkeeper in the league THIS season. No one is saying that Jamie MacDonald hasn’t had a decent career so you can just simmer down. 

So 26 and achieved f**k all in his career 😂. I’d quit while you’re behind never mind giving it the “simmer down” pish. 

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

I doubt many players worry about that, it’s more about offers and potential. If we offer a competitive packet and probable starting time, who knows. A goal every 157 minutes or so is a goal every 1.75 games or so, more than most we might look at, but that was League One. In 21-22 he only scored 3 in the Championship in 913 minutes…or one every 304 minutes, a LOT a worse. I’d not be opposed to considering, but he’d not be the solution in my mind.

How were Kevin Nisbet's stats before he joined us?

Players and clubs sometimes click. We've had plenty of examples. Sometimes they don't. We've had plenty of those too.

No to Todorov or Akio.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

So 26 and achieved f**k all in his career 😂. I’d quit while you’re behind never mind giving it the “simmer down” pish. 

Sorry Jamie. You’re a perfectly decent keeper and I didn’t mean to upset you. 

16 hours ago, RR #1 said:

You seriously reckon Mcdonald is going to sign for Ayr United to be a 2nd choice behind some guy called Albinson? I know you are probably on a bit of a high after your best ever season but come on. 

Why not, he might fancy one last go at a big club.