The New Raith Rovers Thread

39 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Any Hibs player moaning about a sloped pitch has absolutely zero awareness or appreciation of his own club's history.

He must have played on the slope before he was three, also as Davie said there have never been metal steps steep or otherwise.  Perhaps it was on a spoon burning weekend (popular Leith pastime, or so I believe) and he's been a bit confused, bless him.

Fair play to the admin. 

I would not have kept him, to be honest. Somewhat paradoxically, I am a little less bothered given that probably neither Nolan/Lang will be here* next season and I think some continuity makes sense. I would prefer that he won't be first choice, however. 

*My assumption based on the Scott Burns article, with neither being amongst the offers. He did write that Dick had been offered a deal. 

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Fair play to the admin. 

I would not have kept him, to be honest. Somewhat paradoxically, I am a little less bothered given that probably neither Nolan/Lang will be here* next season and I think some continuity makes sense. I would prefer that he won't be first choice, however. 

*My assumption based on the Scott Burns article, with neither being amongst the offers. He did write that Dick had been offered a deal. 

Tbh I can see why Liam Dick was offered a new deal because he can also play CH when no doubt we get our weekly injury crisis…. But we need a left back to either be first choice or at least provide competition for him and with it being a 1 year extension I think he might be used as a squad player

Happy enough with the signing, much happier to be looking at Liam staying than filling defensive positions with loan kids. 

The media post intentionally divisive, the banter crew love its "edginess" personally its purile patter which does little for the kids, family community mantra.

I've had 5 messages about it, 2 love it, 2 hate it and my 14 year old niece thinks it's the most embarrassing thing ever!! 

Calculated post, can't please all the people all the time. Hardly worth losing sleep over. 

Hope the player has a "sense of humour"

43 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Hopefully more to Kilgour’s fabled digital strategy than cheap penis jokes. Appreciate that some will lap this sort of stuff up, but it really is dreadful. 

Must be some laugh on a night out 😂

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Totally happy here thanks. As long as there’s more to the digital strategy than targeting adolescent males then I’ll be grand. 

Boy’s made a good living at a young age from social media marketing. Pretty certain he knows what he’s doing and won’t need tips from folk on this thread. 

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I don't think I'd appreciate my family's name being used so cheaply for additional exposure if I was the player in question tbh.

Yeah good point, ‘Ebanda’s Handyman Services’. 

We're pretty much just playing to it, but it'll get numbers. We've seen it before when he's scored headers "Dick heads in from close range". As Hank says, he knows what he's doing. 

Not everything will be like this. There'll be plenty of changes online that will get made where folk might not realise or acknowledge because it'll be far more subtle.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yeah good point, ‘Ebanda’s Handyman Services’. 

Yes, a throwback to an episode in a shit part of our club's history on a platform that the named player will never use is on a par with crassly announcing the extension of a current player through the club's official site. 

34 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

A bit underwhelming but management know what they're doing, 2 good centre backs, a left back and 2 strikers next please,  oh and a goalkeeper if MacDonald is away

Need to replace Spencer if he’s away and I think we also need a pacey winger there’s a lot more work to be done Imo than we think 

I'm quite happy to give Dick a new deal because he's a solid, dependable player who rarely has a poor game, but we must sign a left back and two centre backs capable of keeping him out of the team if we are looking to progress.