The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, Hadji said:

This you ? 👇

Screenshot_20230517_062332_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.9d9065196a3b584963f55b0d40ca4eb3.jpg

Actually cant believe anyone was even remotely offended or put out by that. Its a bit on innuendo wordplay that hurts absolutely no-one ffs (assuming Liam Dick himself is fine with it).

But f**k me, using this "leaves no one behind" statement as an excuse for the pearl clutching is a bit much. Should the admin never tweet about the fans being in fine voice incase it offends any mute fans? How about tweeting about the club hearing fans concerns? Does that alienate the deaf community? "Had the fans on their feet"...thats wheelchair users not included. 

People would be a lot happier if they stopped looking for reasons to be slighted against. But then again, maybe thats the point.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Funnily enough, the first few pages of this thread were people despairing we'd brought him in on trial. 

Me being one of them. How wrong was I. 😆😆

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In fairness, I don't think anyone seen him having the career he did with us. 

He really thrived when he came to us. What a difference he made to our defence. Tough and fearless. 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

A Dougie Hill in his prime would be the answer. How old is he now?

He’s retired, but was an assistant manager at Kelty with Potter. He only played a wee bit this last year, but could he not perhaps serve a good purpose with us as a coach and emergency player? I’m pretty confident he’d inject some spine into whatever defence we put out there. I know IM is the defender, but he’s also the manager and can’t be bogged down too much…just saying.

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He’s retired, but was an assistant manager at Kelty with Potter. He only played a wee bit this last year, but could he not perhaps serve a good purpose with us as a coach and emergency player? I’m pretty confident he’d inject some spine into whatever defence we put out there. I know IM is the defender, but he’s also the manager and can’t be bogged down too much…just saying.

image.gif.1b0c9a0f9098787958d9a70c0ada6eca.gif

31 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Can't say anyone stood out from that Airdrie team last night that I'd be in any rush to sign. 

I thought similar though I do like Cammy Ballantyne, looked decent many times I've seen him. Smith finished well but no one really jumped out on the basis of that 90 mins