The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

When was the last time we had a third kit? I know we registered the Munich-esque one a few years back, and I think had a raffle to win match-worn versions... and then never wore it. 

There was a home game vs. Cowden we were gonna wear it against, then that game was abandoned due to rain?

Mind the kit was modelled by Christian Nanetti? One of those random McGlynn signings. Don't think he ever actually played? 

18 minutes ago, renton said:

There was a home game vs. Cowden we were gonna wear it against, then that game was abandoned due to rain?

Mind the kit was modelled by Christian Nanetti? One of those random McGlynn signings. Don't think he ever actually played? 

He came on as a sub when we got huckled out the Scottish Cup by Alloa, but I’m fairly certain that brief cameo was his one and only appearance for us. 

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

He came on as a sub when we got huckled out the Scottish Cup by Alloa, but I’m fairly certain that brief cameo was his one and only appearance for us. 

Was he not on some kind of soccer Saturday challenge? 

We had a third kit in the McKinnon season (white with red trim) as the navy home strip and dark green RemembeR strip weren't much use when we played Falkirk and Hibs.

I'm pretty sure it was exactly the same strip we then wore as an away strip during the Barry Smith season.

11 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

If the rumours are true about it yellow away kit, there wouldn't be any real need for a third kit as there's unlikely to be a clash with anyone else in the division.

That's not what third kits are for really. We didn't need one last year but still ended up with one although the reason was apparently that Joma couldn't get us any more home or away kits to sell as we were near the end of our deal so they bunged out a third kit so they'd have stuff to sell.

37 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's not what third kits are for really. We didn't need one last year but still ended up with one although the reason was apparently that Joma couldn't get us any more home or away kits to sell as we were near the end of our deal so they bunged out a third kit so they'd have stuff to sell.

Ah well, it'll be a handy way of finding out when our deal with Joma is coming to an end anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

So you’re saying Joma produced a brand new kit rather than just making more of one already in production? That doesn’t seem right?

They will bang out x amount of kits for each club and that will be it I'd imagine. Probably got rid of the template used, so making a third kit instead of trying to replicate the original template is alot easier and more cost effective for them. I'd guess anyway.