The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Brilliant news. There'll no doubt be semantics over who is included, but ultimately it's 1700 folk committing to go to most games. Ideally over the next few seasons we can kick on and push up to 2000+. 

Aye as a Fanbase like most clubs around the country we bemoan the lack of interest in the local town, 1700 isn’t going to catapult us into a world beating team but it’s a wee step in the right direction.  Great to see so many young fans coming along last couple of seasons as they’re ultimately the ones you need to attract.  I’m not too bothered how many are children’s tickets as they’re far from free, it costs parents in snacks, drinks, merchandise etc and if they enjoy it you get future fans who hopefully one day bring their own children. I work with a guy who used to take his kids to the odd game he’s bought his first season ticket, says his kids love going to games. 

22 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Aye as a Fanbase like most clubs around the country we bemoan the lack of interest in the local town, 1700 isn’t going to catapult us into a world beating team but it’s a wee step in the right direction.  Great to see so many young fans coming along last couple of seasons as they’re ultimately the ones you need to attract.  I’m not too bothered how many are children’s tickets as they’re far from free, it costs parents in snacks, drinks, merchandise etc and if they enjoy it you get future fans who hopefully one day bring their own children. I work with a guy who used to take his kids to the odd game he’s bought his first season ticket, says his kids love going to games. 

If you look about the clubs around about our level from towns of a similar size there are a few who continually get between 3000 to 4000, Falkirk and Dunfermline being prime examples. I think the club are making good inroads over the last few years to build the next generation of fans. It's very hard to understate how important an influence it is when you're going to a game as a kid. 

That's an impressive number of season tickets,  fair play.

Our crowds have been similar to yours and Ayr over the years yet we get nowhere near that many.

Think this year we are around 1100 which is our best in years. Think Ayr are around 1300. Usually we only shift 8-900.

We did have 2000 home fans on Sat which is encouraging, just need to hope they stay with us.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Hibs have only given us 1000 tickets for cup game. Guessing there will be scope to have this increased if we sell out the initial allocation?

Just came on to post that. Pretty sure we've taken more than that any time we've played them the past few years so it's surprising that's all we're allocated for it. 

20 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Hibs have only given us 1000 tickets for cup game. Guessing there will be scope to have this increased if we sell out the initial allocation?

Rovers confirming on Twitter that this is indeed just an initial allocation for the game at The Grant Anderson Backward Header Stadium. 

22 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Deal done it appears. 

Screenshot_20230809-173811_X.jpg

That Twitter account along with Transfer Scotland fling as many transfer rumours at the wall and occasionally something sticks. 

The other one said Fletcher to the Pars was a done deal, only for the Pars board to laugh at it in a meeting with fans.

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Was down at starks this morning and can confirm I did not see him. Tom Morgan was good with the wee one while I was there though...

Aye, I've spoken to him in passing once and he was very friendly.

Lovely stuff. That's four signings this summer who have won this league before. While that won't guarantee anything, it's a good to see that it's a clear distinction from the last few seasons where they were coming from the leagues below or speculative loanees who were out of sorts.