The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A game at home to a team from another country is a decent enough draw.

I wonder if they are a bunch of hatchet men like Glenavon were?

Meh, hard to tell…two 3-0 wins to start the season…

Goals at 2:00, 4:45 and 7:00. Hard to tell how decent opposition are, both teams they’ve bested have lost both matches.

59 minutes ago, spot on said:

I wasn’t aware Easton is suspended for Sunday , pity as he’s been playing well. Probably allow Brown or Byrne to start

Wasn't great against Morton, I can see both Brown and Byrne starting with Smith on the left, Stanton in behind Hamilton and Mullin on the right. Give Vaughan a rest and have Gullan if fit on the bench.

I mentioned this on the fb post. Scotland play on the Friday night so there's no Premier fixtures that wknd. Could draw a bigger crowd than expected with the Celtic bigots not playing. Yes we'll be dancing with the devil but it'll still be more cash in our coffers. What do you think?

1 hour ago, spot on said:

I wasn’t aware Easton is suspended for Sunday , pity as he’s been playing well. Probably allow Brown or Byrne to start

Is he…hummmmm, yep, I missed counting the Annan yellow, that’s 2 yellows for Dylan in the Group Stage. Good catch!

22 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Wasn't great against Morton, I can see both Brown and Byrne starting with Smith on the left, Stanton in behind Hamilton and Mullin on the right. Give Vaughan a rest and have Gullan if fit on the bench.

Wasn't really a game for any flair player really. Not a lot of football was played overall. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Other than Smith, I don't think anyone really got above 6/10 last week, given the nature of the game, but one wee moment of brilliance from Easton unlocked their defence for the opener.

55 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Anyone know if hibs TV will be showing the game to those abroad etc? Can't make it on Sunday as I'm erm abroad. 

They are promising live video, and the game is out with the blackout requirements…but they only show a monthly and yearly pay option. I would expect the usually dicey sites will have a stream.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

They are promising live video, and the game is out with the blackout requirements…but they only show a monthly and yearly pay option. I would expect the usually dicey sites will have a stream.

Monthly audio is showing as 7.99 so I can't imagine it would be too bad. Happy to give them my money if it isn't too dear otherwise there is the alternatives. 

22 hours ago, TxRover said:

Is he…hummmmm, yep, I missed counting the Annan yellow, that’s 2 yellows for Dylan in the Group Stage. Good catch!

Bit unfair we play 4 matches in competition and accrue yellow cards, whereas our opponents get a bye to this round and obviously have no players banned !

18 minutes ago, Manfaefife3 said:

Bit unfair we play 4 matches in competition and accrue yellow cards, whereas our opponents get a bye to this round and obviously have no players banned !

Applies in any competition that stages entries…guess the big dogs get favors, eh? See Cup, Challenge…

I know, it’s typical bulls**t, but how do you solve the competing needs?