The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Applies in any competition that stages entries…guess the big dogs get favors, eh? See Cup, Challenge…

I know, it’s typical bulls**t, but how do you solve the competing needs?

Quite an easy fix. Wipe out yellows from the group stage like other competitions would do.

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Quite an easy fix. Wipe out yellows from the group stage like other competitions would do.

OK, and in the staged entry competitions where different teams enter at different points?

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Anyone who was waiting on a season ticket in the post not had it through yet? 

Still waiting as well however we changed our season ticket seats to be in the Railway Stand and I'm sure email I got said physical ticktes will be sent out at a later date for people in that boat. Never received a physical season ticket for the South Stand prior to us changing stand. Interestingly my Fanbase account still has us in the South Stand but in two totally different rows, first of me noticing.

1 hour ago, Manfaefife3 said:

Bit unfair we play 4 matches in competition and accrue yellow cards, whereas our opponents get a bye to this round and obviously have no players banned !

On the other hand, if any of their players were sent off in the league cup last season, they'd be out for Sunday.

On 13/08/2023 at 10:51, Hank Scorpio said:

Hi guys. In August last year Ross McLean - a very good friend’s brother - committed suicide in Glenrothes. Ross was reported missing on August 14 and we searched for him for 5 days, before finding him at rest in a quiet wooded area near his home. Ross’ family are understandably devastated by their loss and that they were unable to help Ross, but are determined that for others in a similar position, there is help available. 

Ross was and his family are East Fife supporters, so we will be taking part in a charity 11s game to celebrate Ross’ life at Bayview a week today, with all funds raised for the fantastic charity - Back Onside. A just giving page has already raised nearly £5,000, and we have managed to secure signed strips for a number of clubs, Rovers being one. The strip is available below, and all money raised will go to Back Onside to help those who need it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414732235?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There is also a donations page, if you’d like to donate anything:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/matchforross

The auction ends of Sunday morning. The Rovers strip is currently at £215.  

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The auction ends of Sunday morning. The Rovers strip is currently at £215.  

Hopefully a few more quid can be squeezed out. After all, £215 is a snip for a shirt autographed by the 2023/24 quadruple winning squad. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hopefully a few more quid can be squeezed out. After all, £215 is a snip for a shirt autographed by the 2023/24 quadruple winning squad. 

Hard to disagree. Someone has already nudged it up to £220 since I posted this. Thank you, whoever you are! 

27 minutes ago, philpy said:

Didn't manage to get a ticket for Tommorow,  stupidly thought I'd leave it till I got home from holiday yesterday afternoon. Bloody annoyed as I was looking forward to it....

The idea that we’ve got fans who want to attend who can’t in a stadium which will be about 2/3rds full is so daft. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The idea that we’ve got fans who want to attend who can’t in a stadium which will be about 2/3rds full is so daft. 

Two thirds of Easter Road's capacity is around 13500. I'd be pleasantly amazed if the crowd is even close to that tomorrow.

I was reckoning on about 8/8500.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I genuinely can’t think of any other business where you have the supply and the demand but for some reason, won’t sell! 

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Never mind the stadium being only 2/3rds full, the stand they’ve allocated us is only half full and they won’t sell us any more tickets!

Can’t imagine it would cost a massive amount to open the top tier, it’s not like there are more toilets or food kiosks up there (are there? I can’t remember but think they’re all on the bottom). But I guess the stewarding costs mean they think it wouldn’t be worth while. 

On a similar note, I was buying tickets for the Dunfermline game the other day (when I looked I reckon we’d sold about 150tickets) and they’re not selling the two blocks closest to the main stand. 
Presumably they’ll open those if we sell the other blocks. 

Grieg Young slotting in well at Dumbarton, crossing in the ball for the first goal. Seems to have found a spot that suits him…LB…hummmm…yea, it’s League Two, but we spent time developing the lad, and just let him go when a LB on the bench wouldn’t be a bad thing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414732235?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Final call for this, the listing ends at 10am. Huge thank you to everyone who has bid - barring any last minute surges on the others it looks as though our strip will raise the most out of the 6. Hope everyone has a great day at Hibs today.