The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Two thousand tickets sold so far isn’t exactly overly impressive. Had it been at home then I’d imagine the home support would have been 4 thousand as a minimum. Its 15 mins along the road. 

And the money aspect ? £15 online or if you are a family, 2 adults, 2 under 12s then its £56 plus travel plus something to eat there. You are saying people should go just because it’s close? thats great but not every family can afford that. Remember that.

I am fortunate enough that I can afford to go to away games and drive to them, but I am very conscious that not everyone can. Never mind the time of year. Calling out  fans for not going because it’s 15 minutes away is not called for 

19 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

And the money aspect ? £15 online or if you are a family, 2 adults, 2 under 12s then its £56 plus travel plus something to eat there. You are saying people should go just because it’s close? thats great but not every family can afford that. Remember that.

I am fortunate enough that I can afford to go to away games and drive to them, but I am very conscious that not everyone can. Never mind the time of year. Calling out  fans for not going because it’s 15 minutes away is not called for 

There’s a money aspect for every game though isn’t there? And we have managed record season ticket sales and also took a healthy away support to Tannadice the week before Christmas when money would have been tight (if you want to continue to focus on that aspect).

It’s the holidays, most people are at a loose end and will do anything to get out the house at this time of year. We have a local game that’s fairly easy to get to against the team we love to hate. I’d have expected nearer to the three thousand had we won the previous two games.

8 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Hey guys, what would you say if we signed on loan James McCarthy, if say Byrne was recalled/or cover for Stanton if out for a long period 🤔 

Has there been an interest? Me personally I’d rather hope we can keep Byrne, he’s been fucking fantastic for us and seems to genuinely like being with us. 

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Has there been an interest? Me personally I’d rather hope we can keep Byrne, he’s been fucking fantastic for us and seems to genuinely like being with us. 

I don't know, would doubt it, I was just putting a name out there that is not getting any game time or wanted by Celtic.

I also want Byrne to stay, he has been fantastic for us.

33 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

I don't know, would doubt it, I was just putting a name out there that is not getting any game time or wanted by Celtic.

I also want Byrne to stay, he has been fantastic for us.

McCarthy is a regular for their B team as an "overage" player.

Suspect his body is finished with full time football and is going to start coaching at that level and just play when he can.

10 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

If and that’s a MASSIVE IF we make it to the Premiership I’d love us to look at Dowds,  Logan Chalmers and Byrne as Rovers players or even Aiden McGeady. Just to say that’s a mere wish list. 

You can have McGeady right now. 

FWIW he’s only with us as he has an off the field role. 

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Dowds is nowhere near being a premiership level player. He's good in the right setup at this level but this is his level. 

I feel this is also being somewhat influenced by him always playing well against us, but the fact Falkirk loaned him out is not a ringing endorsement of his ability to play at a higher level. He's doing well at Ayr and I'd suggest he would be best staying there a season or two and continuing that for his career's sake. 

McGeady is a terrible shout and again probably influenced by him scoring against us. He is finished as a player. 

1 hour ago, Raith69 said:

Hey guys, what would you say if we signed on loan James McCarthy, if say Byrne was recalled/or cover for Stanton if out for a long period 🤔 

Ffs your having a laugh?! He can’t even get 90 for the “B” team who get bet most games! Give your head a wobble!

8 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Ffs your having a laugh?! He can’t even get 90 for the “B” team who get bet most games! Give your head a wobble!

I was only posing a question at no point did I say we should sign him, so why don't you give your head a wobble!

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

If and that’s a MASSIVE IF we make it to the Premiership I’d love us to look at Dowds,  Logan Chalmers and Byrne as Rovers players or even Aiden McGeady. Just to say that’s a mere wish list. 

Erm you didn’t just type that thinking 3/4 could play in the premiership I’d put the sherry down mate McGeady is in his Final Knockings, Dowds no near a premiership forward quality and Chalmers has never done it in that league all of his loans had been championship maybe this is his level as well 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If we make it to the Premiership I'd like us to not just sign a load of Championship players, but that's just me. 

There isn't a massive alternative for clubs who make the step up, either raid the clubs you replace for players that weren't horrible for their relegated club or bring in players that impressed against you in the previous season.

I'd rather we didn't import more foreign dung into the league, not many of the players that come in from abroad are anything better than dugmeat, here for a payday, and these days cost us money to get permits if they're outside of the UK. Look at Hibs, they spent big money on some diddy from Holland and he's been pretty piss-poor. 

Liverpool have recalled Owen Beck (LB) from Dundee.

Have the Dee got any midfielders in on loan that could see them recall Byrne? 

Would hope our BOD can sort a token payment out to them to get him tied up with us. He’s a local lad and clearly enjoying his time as automatic starter playing every week.

If Hamilton had finished his chance when 2-0 up on Sat I was certain we would’ve seen Ross Matthews get 30 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Liverpool have recalled Owen Beck (LB) from Dundee.

Have the Dee got any midfielders in on loan that could see them recall Byrne? 

Would hope our BOD can sort a token payment out to them to get him tied up with us. He’s a local lad and clearly enjoying his time as automatic starter playing every week.

If Hamilton had finished his chance when 2-0 up on Sat I was certain we would’ve seen Ross Matthews get 30 minutes. 

I have been assured hes here till end of season and is playing tomorrow, I'll breathe easier when I see it though or someone on here will get a mouthful 

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I take it theres no whispers of any activity regarding players (O'Reilly in particular). Course the window is open but the SFA are probably shut ....... roll on tomorrow till we get a shifty of the team sheet 

I suspect O'Reilly won't be signed by tomorrow unless we've offered a fair wedge. His next contract HAS to conclude no earlier than the end of the season, and he's only played for us this season so he's free to join any other team. I'll highly doubt there's been no interest, so unless we've convinced him to stay (money talks), he might be shopping himself to see.