The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 hours ago, North West said:

More classless Twitter patter from this club's social media people.

Sliding into Sunday, oh aye, could have half killed the United keeper. 

Screenshot_20240218_192706_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg

Ball still in play.  Entitled to go in for the tackle.  Mop yer tears.

18 hours ago, Kooz92 said:

Utd were very good at having Docherty or Sibbald double up on Rudden or Hamilton so they struggled in the air. The only time I noticed this change was when Matthews first came on and immediately went for Sibbald to get him away from Hamilton... who then won the header as it was 1v1 with Graham. I would love to see Rudden and Hamilton play together at some point. Ruddens movement causes problems for the defence and Hamilton is constantly winning balls in the air with no-one to run in behind etc. 

Docherty didn’t play. 

What a night and what a goal.

Like many I'm treating every win as its own event and if we are in it at the end great stuff. Still feel we will be too inconsistent V the teams around us. 

I have no idea why we thought it a good idea to post that angle of the Hamilton challenge and I also have no idea why we wouldn't post it to having read some of the meltdowns. Social media whats it like!!

22 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

What a night and what a goal.

Like many I'm treating every win as its own event and if we are in it at the end great stuff. Still feel we will be too inconsistent V the teams around us. 

I have no idea why we thought it a good idea to post that angle of the Hamilton challenge and I also have no idea why we wouldn't post it to having read some of the meltdowns. Social media whats it like!!

It's all about engagement.  The post has 721k views and 187 reposts.

I'd be surprised if the club hasn't monetised their twitter account so they'll actually make some money from this (probably not much to be fair but it all helps).

17 hours ago, North West said:

Must be triggering for a Pars fan to watch a player with a bit of fight given you're currently having to watch Joe Chalmers and Paul Allan masquerade as Championship level footballers each week right enough.

If the club want to bam up other folk on social media then it’s up to them. Just hope we don’t go down a route of being regularly controversial for clicks. I’ll admit it’s not really my thing as after a defeat you have to see not only a section of our own supporters who love to complain going daft but now this extra sauce of opposition fans piling in, but can see why it’s done. No need to put Championship strugglers on our posters though 😂 We are looking up, not down.

Can’t be sleeping on our next match now. Ayr scored 3 goals and got 3 points against Airdrie, something we’ve not done, and going forward caused us a lot of problems in wide areas in previous fixtures. Taking my kid for their first visit to their ground and hoping for a big Rovers support now we are right back in the title race.

17 hours ago, North West said:

Nah. Jack clearly positioned himself to cushion the poor keepers fall with his body, at extreme risk to himself. If you watch the video froward from there, you can clearly see Jack expressing his concern for the gentleman’s health as he assisted him in moving back toward his goal mouth too. An absolute standup laddie, our Jack!

13 games left - 6 at home and 7 away. If my maths are right we have picked up 22 points at home and 25 away from home. Defensive stats have better reading away from home which should give us confidence with 7 tough away games left.

I liked what Murray had to say the other night that the finishing 11 is just as important as the starting 11-I’m hoping this gives us the edge against most teams during the run in. The options off the bench are frightening.

Whether it’s challenging for the title or trying to cement 2nd for a playoff place and into the playoffs we need to get right behind the club.

What a difference from last season-I’m bloody excited.

5 minutes ago, SerieA said:

13 games left - 6 at home and 7 away. If my maths are right we have picked up 22 points at home and 25 away from home. Defensive stats have better reading away from home which should give us confidence with 7 tough away games left.

I liked what Murray had to say the other night that the finishing 11 is just as important as the starting 11-I’m hoping this gives us the edge against most teams during the run in. The options off the bench are frightening.

Whether it’s challenging for the title or trying to cement 2nd for a playoff place and into the playoffs we need to get right behind the club.

What a difference from last season-I’m bloody excited.

Agree with this 100%.

It genuinely felt like we turned a corner on Friday.  Having watched it back again on the iplayer, we weren't brilliant, but we were a hell of a lot better than we'd been recently.  We also got back to where we were earlier in the season where we can change the course of a game with subs.

Really important that we back it up with a result at Ayr though so hopefully as many Rovers fans as possible make the trip.  I get that it's a pain of a place to get to by public transport, and of course not everyone can afford to go to away games, but a big noisy Rovers support can make a real difference.

27 minutes ago, SerieA said:

liked what Murray had to say the other night that the finishing 11 is just as important as the starting 11-I’m hoping this gives us the edge against most teams during the run in. The options off the bench are frightening

Friday was Murray's best use of subs for a long time, perhaps even for the season. He swapped like for like kept the shape didn't go daft at the back and it really paid off. Connolly and Easton went for DU down the sides and we just got the ball further up the park. 

It's a great philosophy to have finish the match as strongly as we start it, the issue being getting players who are desperate to play to buy into it when they are on the bench. 

We just looked hungrier and seemed more of a team on Friday than we have for weeks. 

I wonder how Millengate has affected the team? 

3 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Must be triggering for a Pars fan to watch a player with a bit of fight given you're currently having to watch Joe Chalmers and Paul Allan masquerade as Championship level footballers each week right enough.

Having beaten DUNFERMLINE ....FOUR ....times in the LAST SIXmonths.....do we now get to keep them????

Oh wait.....eh......NAW..........!!

3 hours ago, Langtounlaud said:

I just hope the Ayr hammer-throwers don't try and injure our best players this time. The rest of the league should have thanked them for half killing Stanton. That was when our bad run started. 

Pleasing.

McGinty was rightfully sent off for a stupid "tackle" on the half way line. There really wasn't anything else.

Stanton simply fell awkwardly after jumping for a header.